Physical or Digital? Extra items worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Kingdom
  3. Physical or Digital? Extra items worth it?

User Info: Blaeu

Blaeu
1 year ago#1
The NISA site has pictures of everything. Some of those items are cool and I really wouldn't mind having them. However, I'm debating if they are worth the extra price. The digital version has a really nice price point. Anyway, just wanted to share and see thoughts of others.

After discount, the digital version is $44.99 (not including tax). Includes a theme and some in-game items.

Then we look at NISA's website and MSRP for prices on physical copies.
http://store.nisamerica.com/grand-kingdom

$59.99 for launch day:
Launch Day Edition Includes:
• Grand Kingdom for PS4™
• A Primer on the Factions of Resonail
• 32-page full color, softcover art book
• 5-Track soundtrack sampler CD
• Collector's box

$79.99 for limited edition:
Limited Edition Includes:
• Grand Kingdom for PS4™ or PS Vita™
• Grand Opus: The Official Compendium of Resonail
• Full color hardcover art book
• 128 Gilded pages
• Faux leather texture cover
• 15-Track original soundtrack with jewel case
• Parade poster (28.5" x 14")
• Transparent decal sticker sheet (6" x 10")
• Collector's box

$99.99 for Grand edition:
Grand Edition Includes:
• Grand Kingdom for PS4™ or PS Vita™
• Grand Opus: The Official Compendium of Resonail
• Full color hardcover art book
• 128 Gilded pages
• Faux leather texture cover
• 15-Track original soundtrack with jewel case
• Parade poster (28.5" x 14")
• Lillia poster (20" x 28.5")
• Cloth map poster (26" x 15")
• 6 Lapel pin set
• 6 Mini art prints (5" x 6.5")
• Transparent decal sticker sheet (6" x 10")
• Collector's box
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 year ago#2
I personally got the limited from Amazon with prime, so 64 dollar or something like that. I don't think I wanna pay 30 some dollar more for the posters and stuff.
psn/steam : Hlpimp

User Info: Wesker646

Wesker646
1 year ago#3
I only care for the normal version to shine in my physical collection. I'm the kind of guy who buys strategy guides and the like because they look good and never touch them again. So i've learned I shouldn't spend any money on extra's lol.
But what about the postman that walked backwards in the beginning of the film...?

User Info: Knavick

Knavick
1 year ago#4
superxgaga posted...
I personally got the limited from Amazon with prime, so 64 dollar or something like that. I don't think I wanna pay 30 some dollar more for the posters and stuff.

Exactly this. Also much more reliable release date delivery from Amazon. Nis has a problem with games being either a day or two early, or a month late.
The Dark Master

User Info: HolyX

HolyX
1 year ago#5
I only care for the normal version to shine in my physical collection. I'm the kind of guy who buys strategy guides and the like because they look good and never touch them again. So i've learned I shouldn't spend any money on extra's lol

I'm a big RPG collector, and I feel as I need the guides for the complete set. I think my collection is worth about 3k+ by now.
Theses are the chronicles of life and death

Wesker646
1 year ago#6
@HolyX
I can see that work. A nice big gaming cabinet with collectors items like the guy from Classic Game Room on youtube...I drool on his collection haha. It's nice to have items in your collection 20+ years later that bring back memories from the "good old days".
But..financially I just can't justify it anymore, so I stick to just the physical games. Good for you though, if you can afford it you should ;)
But what about the postman that walked backwards in the beginning of the film...?

User Info: hellzyaaahhhhhh

hellzyaaahhhhhh
1 year ago#7
nisa sold me on the Grand edition with all the stuff seemed worth it

so i just ordered it without even trying the demo (usely go for the disgaeas but since theirs not really going to be more and the huge delays between the games i decided to go for something new)

i also had a nisa store discount coupon email so it helped XD
owns all game systems... equal feelings about all of them...
its the games i tend to take favor to o.O

User Info: LunarSilhouette

LunarSilhouette
1 year ago#8
I wanted the launch edition, but the Amazon Prime discount doesn't seem to apply to it for some reason.
Mc: *Makes cat noises*. Yukari: "I-Is that a fox?", Mc: "It's a cat, dammit!" - Persona 3 Portable

Wesker646
1 year ago#9
@Helzzyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
I would buy a new Disgaea every year as well if the quality would be the same, but that won't happen. This game looks solid though.
Looking forward to Persona 5 and World of Final Fantasy!

User Info: Nayiko

Nayiko
1 year ago#10
It really comes down to if you're a collector or not. I'll probably end up ordering the Grand Edition here within a week or so after I check out the demo.

The 20% off from Amazon is tempting for the limited, though.
PSN: Seirno / FFRK: ty4B - Black Materia/Fabled Song/SG/Hallowed Bolt/Shout - always updated for synergy
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Kingdom
  3. Physical or Digital? Extra items worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived