I feel bad for anyone who bought this game, coming from a PES fan

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
  3. I feel bad for anyone who bought this game, coming from a PES fan

User Info: Dunk1970

Dunk1970
2 years ago#21
Do you know the meaning of the word hypocrite? You keep making this personal by using words like 'childish' or saying that I'm taking it personally. Neither of which is true. I'm afraid that the only one getting all emotional about this debate appears to be you. Also, suggesting that the other person is always trying to have the final say within a post where you are continuing to push your view is second example of hypocrisy. Try to play this debate with a straight bat old chap. Queensbury rules and all that.

I've simply pointed out that the reviews by professional reviewers are consistently giving it as a win for PES this year. This has been overwhelmingly backed up by the paying and playing public who will have totalled well over your 20+ hours on average. Not that 20 hours is heavy usage on a football game.

I have told you that I've only played the demo of FIFA. I don't buy and play every game that exists in order to decide if it is worth buying. That's what the reviews and demos are for. All evidence on those fronts screams out that FIFA is the lesser product with regard to gameplay.

You also keep guessing (wrongly) at my motivations and also suggesting I'm biased in my view. However, you are the one who is praising everything about FIFA, while I am being more constructive in my criticism. I have pointed out that FIFA has the better polished product, with all the kits etc. If PES 2017 is out again on the PS3 next year, I would seriously consider that ahead of both FIFA 17 and PES 2017 for the PS4, simply to get back to having all the kits and crowd chants back along with the best gameplay experience.

As for the Metacritic reviews, you should learn to understand statistics better and that if you think that fans of two rival games will go onto a website to trash the rival game then this will happen more by fans of the game with the larger fan base. That's basic logic.

By quoting that over 5 times as many copies of FIFA is sold, you demonstrate that you didn't get my point about marketing. FIFA always sold more copies than the game's quality warranted way back when PES was the undisputed king of all reviews by all the magazines and websites (PS2 days). No one in their right mind would suggest that "The Sun" is the best newspaper in the UK, but its circulation is 5 times that of the first decent paper in the list "The Times". "The Sun" is the trashy paper with eye candy and no substance, so it works well as an analogy for FIFA - LOL. All you are doing when suggesting that superior sales means a better game is highlighting that the fanbase for FIFA includes a lot of people who will follow the hype. It appears though that with all those poor FIFA owner reviews a lot of them are starting to wake up and smell the roses. If the game was better, then those who bought the game and submitted their reviews would be saying nicer things about it.

"BS facts"? I notice you don't qualify this statement with any form of valid counter to any stat that has been stated.

As for only two people joining in to back PES in this thread, you can't count. But leaving aside the fact that 3 different people have backed PES, none have backed your diatribe of the game. Notably, the person you were attempting to convince (ie the topic creator) that PES was rubbish is one of those now backing what I'm saying. His initial post began with a starting point of PES 2016 feeling unfinished and FIFA 16 feeling truly next gen. Since then, he's clearly played both games and independently decided (as per all the professional and owner reviews) that PES reproduces the better game of football.

The one single thing you are correct about is this site being dead, but then the FIFA one isn't much better. But for the first time I can ever remember, you have people over there not defending FIFA much if at all. People now live on the dedicated sites like PES Gaming and Winning 11.
Ignoring the troll with his two accounts : bh80cz01 and asdlasdl

User Info: rludeman44

rludeman44
2 years ago#22
Last Word Guy.

You're saying the same thing over and over, man. Read this topic that you decided to chime in on. From the start you took offense to a differing opinion. I came in to give my take and you took on a me vs the world approach. You're outnumbered on this dead board and it's insane that you're still pushing the envelope. This board is a direct result of what I have been TRYING to explain to you. looking forward to another re-run post.
Save the witty one-liners for someone who will be impressed by them.

rludeman44
2 years ago#23
Just hopped over to the FIFA board to see that you are attempting to light troll fires on it, as well. Opinions are opinions man and we both disagree but you saying video game company ratings decide which game is better...is terrible. If that was the case CoD is the greatest video game every year. You are clearly a very tunnel visioned UK football (futbol) fan and I respect it but you're throwing the same argument at me that I'm throwing at you. If both games were identical with graphics, licenses and all and FIFA didn't have ultimate team, you would be shouting more depth for PES but bc that argument doesn't go PES way, you move on to a side argument and then another one. The stamina thing is crazy and the inability to play more than 8 min halves without having to worry about non-stop zero stamina injuries after the 60th minute is even more crazy. I watch a good bit of Premier League Soccer and I know enough to realize that it is a marathon, not a sprint and there's only 3 subs a game...so clearly the stamina issue is a problem for those looking for a more sim length game. Also, I haven't even mentioned the lack of any type of slider, that's unheard of in 2010, let a lone 2015. You say, "The single thing you were right on"...come on man, there's problems all over the place. After all that, I'm still 100% fine saying Plenty like the game and that's great, maybe 17 will be the total package but the small ratio of PES players giving high ratings is not the same sample size as the 900% (total guess) bigger FIFA crowd throwing out ratings. Of course 20 guys out of 100 will complain but that looks better for PES when 1/5 complain about their game. The fact that you say you'd go to PS3 next year, just goes to show the type of outsider gamer you are. In today's world of $500 systems, nobody wants to blow the dust off their PS3 or Xbox360. I like your loyalty but to point out my posts as biased coming from what I've already learned about you via these posts, which is a person who could not be more 1 sided. I am your average soccer/football/futbal gamer and like most of the average soccer/football/futbol consumers, I go with FIFA again...and I realize that upsets you. Bc you don't agree, doesn't make an opinion wrong. My opinion is different than yours and that's what makes this world great, unless you live in a country run by terrorists. But one final piece to this, I just got $17.50 for PES at gamestop and due to this argument, I asked "how much are you guys buying back FIFA for?" and they responded with $28.50. Supply and demand, my man. That should tell you two things, people are trading in PES and they are not re-selling them and FIFA is in demand. That doesn't necessarily make it a better game but it says a lot about our argument that we have wasted this much time on. Enjoy PES and I will continue to enjoy FIFA and hopefully we meet again on this topic next year (on PS4...not PS3).

Final Straw leading to the trade in decision was popping it in today to see if I noticed anything from this last update and all my jerseys and team logos for the PL were reset but the team names stayed. That is game shattering when it comes to any life left for this game, for me. Absolutely ridiculous that this product has issues like this and the ones mentioned previous.

User Info: Dunk1970

Dunk1970
2 years ago#24
OK, you're officially insane. LOL

Anyone reading this can see the different views. The very fact that you criticise me for focusing on gameplay as "a side argument" tells us all that you are not focussed on the most important aspect of what a football game should be. I've repeatedly said that FIFA has all the kits and licenses, but the fact that it plays like poo overrides that. And if you don't think it does then there are hundreds of FIFA owners out there who have slammed FIFA 16 on Metacritic to prove that you are both biased and blinkered.

As regards, the FIFA board : I went over there to see how lively it was because you were saying how quiet it is over here and I discovered that the FIFA board has also died right back over the years as well. I've found the same with other games as well. GameFAQs just isn't the place it used to be 10 years ago.

I posted the answer to a quy's question about the free version of PES and also answered the topic creator's question with a simple vote. If you check that thread again, most people replying (on a FIFA board) were agreeing that PES is the better game this year. LOL

I didn't simply write a load of garbage ... like you have in this thread.

Your attempt at statistical analysis with regards to why FIFA is being trashed by its owners on Metacritic and PES isn't, while entertaining, is also the most ridiculous pile of drivel I have ever read. Were you on the sauce when you wrote that? Show what you wrote to anyone with a maths degree and watch as they try not to openly laugh at your words. You spent that whole wall of text clawing in desperation for some hope that if you waffled enough people would think you had a clue. Or were you trying to convince yourself? The level you went to there is one I would only ever reserve for someone of fanboy status.

I have also not been one sided. If I had been biased, I'd have defended Konami for not getting the updated rosters out in a timely manner. And I would have defended them for not finding a solution to the sharing of Option Files. Instead, I have been critical of them for both these things, but I've done the edits myself and am very happy with the game. I even listed my three biggest gripes with PES 2016 five days ago in this very thread. I'm not sure you are right in the head. You're certainly the one who is not being fair to both products.
Ignoring the troll with his two accounts : bh80cz01 and asdlasdl

rludeman44
2 years ago#25
From the guy that played the FIFA demo and went to the FIFA board to post about PES! Dude, come off the holier than thou routine. You're a troll and if we wanna talk fanboys, you just laid it all out. I gave FIFA an 8...AN 8! I didn't even ask for your unrealistic PES rating. the game runs like a round of goldeneye on N64 when everyone is in the same area shooting each other. I realize I'm never gonna get you to change your opinion but "drivel"? Your entire last two post were self high five witty nerd humor, one line after another only to crack yourself up. The game your backing was unplayable for almost 2 months. The cultists that side with you on this game (which can also all fit in a single bus from the threads I'm looking at) are in fact, FANBOYS. neither game is a top 10 game for the year, let alone top sports game. Stop the Sheldon Cooper routine and get your head out of your rear. If you did any research rather than wasting time NOT PLAYING PES and roaming the FIFA boards that are extremely more populated than this terribly dead board (no it's not Gfaqs, it's this dead game. Go check out the fallout 4 board for examples of that) you would see that nobody is talking about this game other than die hard football fans who have had their feelings hurt over the "Beauty" of the low scoring game of football being turned into an arcade version. This game is a minimalists dream, there was no time spent on anything but gameplay in this game and they only spent enough time to get it to passable man. How can u disagree with that? It wasn't even playable for almost 2 months. Read the posts from launch that haven't been deleted bc of no traffic. I realize this isn't even an argument anymore, the results speak for themselves by the dogging of this game when it came out and the dead bodies all over this board but holy hell man...you've got to admit to something...don't you? I'm sure you'll have a witty comeback but I'm at a loss over you...I don't get it. Unless you somehow helped produce this game, it doesn't make any sense. It's a half finished product that was put together by KONAMI, a fighting game and Metal Gear company. I've never virtually met someone so stubborn, it makes this feel like a prank. Fifa is not great, I gave it an 8 but PES has nothing passable other than it's gameplay, which is barely passable. Mix that with it's poor cosmetics and sound and that's where I get the 6 rating from. I'm not asking you to send a picture of you snapping the PES disc but you've already explained that the PS3 version is better and you haven't played anything other than the FIFA demo. That is the very definition if uneducated bias and there's nothing left to be said. Holy crap dude, go outside and have an in person conversation with someone...it just might save your life.

User Info: wyatt122

wyatt122
2 years ago#26
rludeman44 posted...
Dunk,

FIFA 84 PES 87 on Meteoritic right now. You'll notice the differing critics on the left side. For FIFA, you see game informer and IGN but for PES, you will see it's flooded with Telegraph, Hardcore gamer, Vandal Online, etc. If that is what you're basing your argument on, I'm sorry for you. Not sure what reviews you are throwing out but bottom line from my previous post, that you clearly missed, is that the small audience that have attached themselves to PES is about 1/10 of the FIFA audience. That in itself, is enough for me to stand confidently with my opinion on the two side by side. The FIFA fans that you so proudly represented as 500+ are really about 100 that rated the game a zero. Really, a zero...? There are 300+ mid to good reviews for each side. Real life examples from ACTUALLY PUTTING IN TIME ON FIFA are most exploiters hate this years FIFA bc they ALMOST completely took out the lob through ball that 80% of the goals came from online.

I can also tell by your lack of substance on you FIFA examples that you may have put 2-5 hours in on FIFA. I've put well over 20+ on each. If you like PES better, that is fine but read the reviews on this board when the game launched and everyone complained about how bad the goalies were and how high scoring the games were. I've seen enough off balance, post up style off footed top corner laser goals in PES for more than one lifetime. That is one of many examples of the gameplay. I think this game is a turn on for the guys that like the little man in everyday life, more than the fact that it's a legit game. You will argue this until your blue in the face along w/ the 1/10 soccer gamers that chose this game and that's fine. But he's the thing...anyone that puts this game down, you respond like it's an attack on you. It's not. Read this forum, it's dead and those that did comment on here that they enjoyed it are 50% at a very conservative estimate. It' not your first child man, it's a game that everyone wants to pass FIFA (including me)...it's just not possible with their effort and budget. We had to wait a month for their MOSTLY finished product...that's unacceptable.

Lastly, you made up real life pal stories are worthless online. I can tell you that 3 of my buddies came over and we played PES and they all laughed and asked if I really thought this game was good and like you, I defended it. Yes, they are all very big on FIFA clubs and we've played together a hell of a lot the last 2 installments. So in that example 100% (including me) deferred to FIFA. Yet, that story holds no weight bc there is no way of proving that story.

This is not an attack on you or your family/company (even if you worked for Konami). This is the opinion of a guy that bought both games for 2 years in a row now and sees FIFA as a vastly superior product. You will not sway me bc I have put in a lot of time on both, which you have not. That is the epitome of being biased, not giving your comparisons an equal shot. You know I've played PES quite a bit with the examples I gave.

This is going to continue its see-saw nature so feel free to get the last word, if you need to. I think I've put up plenty of facts and examples to the post that is complaining about how bad PES is this year, written by a PES fan. I only hope for those that are doing actual research on which to buy, were helped by the many examples I pointed out.

I disagree so much with you, yes FIFA has a larger audience, but that is because it has EA's funding to advertise the game.... I played FIFA from the 2011 game until 2016 and had no clue about PES until a few months before PES 2016 was released, so that's a completely unfair assumption that one game is better based on unrealistic figures. One game has licenses which will sell some gamers without a second thought, and the other has lackluster funding compared to EA.

rludeman44
2 years ago#27
Fully agree w/ you Wyatt. Which is what I explained in one of these headache inducing back and fourths as well as the post on the FIFA board. I said that that argument is a crappy avenue to take but so was the "Reviews are better for PES, so it's better". A lot of PES supporters said last year was better than last years FIFA and the ratings started out that way. There is something to be said for the fact that u get almost double to trade in FIFA. Again, that does;t tell us which was better. Those 2 examples were used to DEBATE the other guys argument of more users scored it better on metacritic. That basically showed that by the same assumption the argument could be sent the other way. I still don't understand your stance, do you even have PES? Are you saying you like PES better without owning it, I'm kind of lost.

As for you, Dunk:

I applaud you more than any Gfaqs debate opponent I've had yet for your "look over here" tactic. I did not realize until this exact moment that your stance on which is better is the exact same as the TC. You only played a dumbed down FIFA demo and never messed with settings or sliders, just as the TC here only played the demo for PES. Bet yet, you shot down his entire argument and laughed at his OPINION. That is such a cataclysmic, incredible hypocritical move...that I cannot believe it actually went unnoticed for a few days. I salute you for the effort but you simply cannot come back from that one, so I will try to end this friendly bc that definitely ended it...

If you could play my version of FIFA w/ my settings and sliders, I could show you a good (8) soccer game. I would gladly have tried a round or two of PES w/ you settings and sliders but they do not exist for PES. So, I feel like I know what that game puts on the pitch bc simply...there is no other version bc there is no customization .

wyatt122
2 years ago#28
The tackling in FIFA 2016 is atrocious and I have never understood how the ball almost always ends up in front of one player or another, instead of getting caught between one's feet or completely going through their legs. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I also really hate when I'm in my created character's career and my manager decides to play Park The Bus and the opponents are down by 1 so they just get 10+ game minutes to take shots at my goal while my teammates just kick the ball back at their team - it's ridiculous and happens on quite a few if not all clubs, has even cost me to lose a few matches. I enjoy the fast pace of FIFA, but I honestly feel no difference from PES as far as stamina goes (obviously in 2016 since I mentioned previously that I basically did not know about it until 2016) and both are fairly realistic as far that goes because no one could sprint an entire soccer match and not be winded. FIFA has shown me a ton of ridiculous goals that are from 30+ yards out and the keeper does not happen to react whatsoever, some coming from me and some against me. I have had multiple matches in FIFA where I scored a double hat trick or at least 5 goals, my highest scoring game being 7-0 in which I scored all 7 goals, so the reality is that both games can be ridiculous in that aspect, but in all fairness it could happen in real life. My problems with PES 2016 have more to do with the interface. I really dislike not being able to skip games that your player is benched in and think it is a waste of time and I enjoy FIFA's camera options better. The whole replay every "event" gets old because skipping the replay twice to get back to soccer is annoying, but I'll live with it. The other thing I do love about FIFA is the abundance of News articles, which allows you to keep in touch with other worldly soccer events, but that was getting old because the majority of the articles just repeat the same thing (and the News holds tons of inaccuracies), like the commentators do. I enjoy Career mode on both games, but I am currently playing PES in order to try a different play style and maybe improve my skills in both games considering I was decent at PES to begin with because of how I played FIFA. I hate that everyone feels they have to put down one or the other, they both bring different aspects to the table. It's not like both prices won't drop well before the next games come out and you won't be able enjoy them without wasting your money, so.

wyatt122
2 years ago#29
I've also put at LEAST 50 hours into FIFA 2016 and at least 20 into PES, both full versions. I enjoy FIFA, but it's been frustrating me lately when the midfielders/defenders are faster than me while I have full stamina and a speed of 86 in the MLS and they are able to get back to their goal while I'm full out sprinting, where they eventually tackle me, take the ball and keep passing it to their defenders and keeper for a good 15 minutes (game time).

wyatt122
2 years ago#30
Not sure why anyone is talking about being biased... We're all biased it is next to impossible to not be biased because it is human nature to take a liking to something and treat it differently than you would treat a product you dislike. That's why you should take reviews with a grain of salt, they are other people's opinions which definitely will contain bias' because it is an OPINION. I enjoy both game plays because they are unique, but my friend may like one more than the other. If you're having fun, who cares?
  1. Boards
  2. Pro Evolution Soccer 2016
  3. I feel bad for anyone who bought this game, coming from a PES fan

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived