• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Heavy Rain
  3. After all these years, I still can't explain how... (Spoilers)

User Info: Magnetronous

Magnetronous
1 year ago#1
...Jason died. I mean, Ethan was the one that got hit by the car. Is it physically possible for the kid, who was protected by his dad's bigger body, which should have absorbed the hit, to die in such an "accident"?
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-7978-7897
Sony PlayStation Network (PSN) ID: Magne-TR-onous

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
1 year ago#2
I’d assume that, what with the kid being so stupid that he literally walks through a crowded mall to get outside and then across the street for no reason despite his father calling out to him and then being mystified when he sees his Dad, he must have been suffering from some massive cerebral edema, and died from that at the precise moment the car struck them.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.

User Info: BazzaPersonal

BazzaPersonal
1 year ago#3
Yeah well Ethan seemed to take the brunt of the impact and he was in a coma for 6 months. I guess you could make the point that a child’s body is more weaker and fragile then a adult’s but idk.
Personal GOTY (so far) for 2018:
God of War (PS4) 2017: Divinity: Original Sin II (PC)

User Info: miro13

miro13
1 year ago#4
Per the picture the brother drew, Jason got smoked by the car and Ethan as to late and hit his head
noct likes cats

User Info: Magnetronous

Magnetronous
1 year ago#5
miro13 posted...
Per the picture the brother drew, Jason got smoked by the car and Ethan as to late and hit his head

Do you have a link to that pic? I don't remember seeing it in my playthrough.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1134-7978-7897
Sony PlayStation Network (PSN) ID: Magne-TR-onous

User Info: miro13

miro13
1 year ago#6
I dont but it is the first time you play Ethan after the accident. You pick Shawn up from school and if you go to his room, there is a picture he drew
noct likes cats

User Info: Leytorn

Leytorn
1 year ago#7
Yeah that scene was ridiculous. I'm willing to bet that the car wasn't the reason Jason died. It was probably the leap through the air, grab and pull to the ground by Ethan. Kid probably smashed his head on the ground from that.

User Info: You_Need_A_Life

You_Need_A_Life
1 year ago#8
The balloon was red; Pennywise would have gotten him anyway.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.

User Info: guffguy89

guffguy89
1 year ago#9
I mean seriously, what compulsion would this kid have to just walk away from his dad in a busy mall, go down an escalator, leave the mall, and cross the street??

The game made no reference to any sort of disability. The kid is way too old to just wander aimlessly like that without thinking. I feel like they could have just presented that in a better way, that would've, you know, actually been plausible.
Don't mind me. I'm just here for the contest.

User Info: BazzaPersonal

BazzaPersonal
1 year ago#10
^ I think during the psychologist section, Ethan reveals that Shaun is a very ‘special’ child. It’s likely that Ethan might’ve been the same. It’s a stretch mind you, but I feel it makes sense.
Personal GOTY (so far) for 2018:
God of War (PS4) 2017: Divinity: Original Sin II (PC)
  1. Boards
  2. Heavy Rain
  3. After all these years, I still can't explain how... (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived