• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. I Am Setsuna
  3. Astral bloom farming question

User Info: realrj

realrj
1 year ago#1
Hey guys.

I read in some threads that astral bloom is awesome to farm materials due to hitting with 5 elements. But I tried killing some mobs with it and , even with vinculum equipped in both, it spends a lot more mp on one of the characters than Blowbeat, and it didn't give me any elemental drops. Just link kill, momentum kill and overkill.

anything i'm doing wrong?
PSN: realrj
'Listen to my story. This may be our last chance'

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
1 year ago#2
That's because it uses Aeterna's Oblivion, which is high on the MP cost. Using Vinculum helps to decrease the amount of MP consumption by a little bit, but keeping Setsuna in your party to use Prayer when needed is more essential than Vinculum (at least early on when you start using Astral Bloom).

Each hit of the combo is a different element. So if you connect 4/5, you will not get one of the elemental kill types. I do not know which hit is which element. If you did not get ANY elemental kill types, my guess is that you did not finish off the enemy with Astral Bloom and something else finished them. Or you are missing something.
  1. Boards
  2. I Am Setsuna
  3. Astral bloom farming question
  • Topic Archived