• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NieR: Automata
  3. is there a way to make ranged attacks better?
MinusN 3 months ago#1
I'm looking at Nier and it seems in this game that ranged attacks are way too weak I have a couple pod upgrades now but still there are enemies that are deflecting or not taking much damage off ranged hits.

also stat wise weapons say they do thousands of damge but ranged is like 165.
am I missing something cause I get they want melee to be showcased but lots of enemies/bosses are flying and hard to do damage.
Krobelus 3 months ago#2
also stat wise weapons say they do thousands of damge but ranged is like 165.

A: you do a lot more ranged hits in the time it takes to do melee hits
B: you get the benefit of doing it from farther away

beyond that, just upgrade your pod and equip ranged attack chips

The only equal to myself, is myself
marthogly 3 months ago#3
During the first few hours I tried to keep the ranged button pressed all the time for more dps. I ended up giving up on that after a few chapters since it's laughably easy to become OP with your melee attacks so the extra dmg from the pods doesn't worth the hassle. I only use the pod programs now and then.
MinusN 3 months ago#4
Krobelus posted...
A: you do a lot more ranged hits in the time it takes to do melee hits
you sure? cause with double small swords or double fists they do lots of hits.

MalakTawus 3 months ago#5
Stupid question, but you DO charge your ranged attacks when you actually need them for damage and not just CC, right?
Asking 'cause i never had any issue with my ranged dmg so i find it a bit strange that you have this problem (and i dont even use chips to boost their attacks....and i play at east on HM so difficulty caqnt be the difference here) 🤔
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
MinusN 3 months ago#6
MalakTawus posted...
you DO charge your ranged attacks when you actually need them for damage and not just CC, right?
if you mean the powers like laser hammer etc yeah but those aren't always spamable
I talking about the regular shots from the pods feel super weak compared to melee attacks.
MalakTawus 3 months ago#7
MinusN posted...
if you mean the powers like laser hammer etc yeah but those aren't always spamable
I talking about the regular shots from the pods feel super weak compared to melee attacks.
Because those are mostly used for cc (unless u Power up ranger attacks with Chips, i wouldnt)
....but tbh i was also talking about charging up "normal attacks" too, for example i oftenuse laser charged Attack (lasers jumping around everywhere) and its quite effettive imo.
Anyway ofc mele Will Always have an Edge on ranged attacks (especially if you dont consider the ranged "special moves" that can be really powerful), but tbh that's totally normal in general for this kind of games since its done to kinda push the player towards a melee playstyle.
Example: do you think that Dante can do the same DMG using ranged playstyle compared to what he can do fighting melee? The answer Is no, not even remotely close....and that Is true for most games like this, its hardly anything unusual.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
(edited 3 months ago)
MinusN 3 months ago#8
there just seems to be quite a few bosses that can only be hit once they land.
unless I'm doing it wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. NieR: Automata
  3. is there a way to make ranged attacks better?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A