• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NieR: Automata
  3. Might be best game I've ever played

User Info: mashu

mashu
6 months ago#11
One of the best for sure. Makes top 5 for me I'd say, though how I'd actually order that I really don't know. At any rate, it's easily my personal favorite game this gen. It's beautiful really.

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
6 months ago#12
Friends,

I wanted to start a thread, with this name today. Well Of course mine would have been something, strange!!!!. jajajajaj

Yes, I am having fun. I Like the girl, I Like how she moves, I like how she looks. I like nines.

I was scared, because it looked hard. I am playing on easy, I am level 20, and have not died yet.
I died like 16+ times in my first hour or two of Kingdom come. So this is a GREAT bonus. You can heal during combat.

I thought the robots were going to be dull. NOPE. they are funny and interesting.

So much of this game is just "FRESH". Pretty good game. NOT the shallow fighting game that I was worried about.

Thank you all. Enjoy.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Enough young people deaths, ban guns now, TODAY!! How many more children must die?

User Info: Dumper1

Dumper1
6 months ago#13
I'm currently doing route C, I am enjoying the game but I wish the fighting mechanics were deeper, they are way too basic for a game with this much action. Also so many of the side quests are just fetch quests and I'm finding it more of a slog than enjoyment to get to the end.

User Info: Gwyns_Beard

Gwyns_Beard
6 months ago#14
Agree with topic title. Best example I can think of of a game using the medium of gaming to tell it's story
One chants out between two worlds
Fire, walk with me

User Info: Zero0X0

Zero0X0
5 months ago#15
To be perfectly honest I find the game quite dull. I finished route A and haven't touched it for like a year and i played route B and couldn't bear with the combat and repetitive scenes. It was nice to see what 9s was going through tho.
3DS FC: 1908-0559-8154
PSN: ClearSky25

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
5 months ago#16
Zero0X0 posted...
To be perfectly honest I find the game quite dull. I finished route A and haven't touched it for like a year and i played route B and couldn't bear with the combat and repetitive scenes. It was nice to see what 9s was going through tho.

Nobody cares.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK

User Info: lamedude45

lamedude45
5 months ago#17
Zero0X0 posted...

You’re boring
I'm so bored, probably.
PSN: Lion-whelp

User Info: Tris10

Tris10
5 months ago#18
Zero0X0 posted...

I can see it.
Last night I only just finished the games C route and got the main endings.
I made a topic a while ago about this game as I thought at first it was a bit dull.
The world is empty and not too much character interaction.
The side quest are ok, not many of them blew me away, I couldn't bring myself to do them all.
I was in two minds to play route B straight away after the first time. Thankfully it's short. However it's heavier on the R-type shooting sections. Depending on how you feel about them that will either encourage or dissuade you further.
After the experience is over though, it all kind of makes sense why the world is designed to be empty. The game is full of tragedy, bleakness and sorrow.
I watched a video that praised the game no end. I forget the word he used or the reference, but he's right in that the music and visuals paired together are near perfection. Everything just looks and feels right. It's truly a unique journey. I can't say I loved it all. And I certainly understand why people get turned off. It's a high octane visceral experience in a stark empty world without a hint of levity or charisma.
But weirdly that's it's strongest asset if you appreciate what the director is trying to get across.
It drops deep as it does in my breath/
I never sleep, cus sleep is the cousin of death.....

User Info: adamma

adamma
5 months ago#19
Tris10 posted...

You got ending E too?

User Info: Tris10

Tris10
5 months ago#20
adamma posted...
Tris10 posted...

You got ending E too?

Don't you have give up your save data for that?
If so then I'll YouTube it instead lol.
It drops deep as it does in my breath/
I never sleep, cus sleep is the cousin of death.....
  1. Boards
  2. NieR: Automata
  3. Might be best game I've ever played
  • Topic Archived