• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NieR: Automata
  3. Best way to make money?

User Info: NeroSanguine

NeroSanguine
2 years ago#1
Kind of short on money for fusing and such. Just wondering what's the best way to make some money? On my first run still.

User Info: Zeon

Zeon
2 years ago#2
fishing
at least early on
Official D'va of the Overwatch Board, Screw PC =^_0=
Your unfriendly neighborhood kyubi idol.

User Info: ResidentGear31

ResidentGear31
2 years ago#3
By catching fishes.

User Info: seraphimax

seraphimax
2 years ago#4
there's an old thread here about buying and selling stuff from the same npc. too lazy to look for it atm.
My lack of interest doesn't mean that I don't care, I'm just naturally apathetic.
PSN ID: MaximCryseria | XBL Gamertag: Maxim Cryseria | Steam ID: seraphimax

User Info: leeman3104

leeman3104
2 years ago#5
to save time, apparently a vendor in chapter 4, in an amusement park sells a thick dictionary, for like 6000. in chapter 15, you can sell it for 11250. so, nearly double your money.

this is best in postgame, though.
Here's an idea to make that rabbit harder: give him Gaea Rage. And don't even have the damage: just make it crash the game and delete your saves.

User Info: NeroSanguine

NeroSanguine
2 years ago#6
leeman3104 posted...
to save time, apparently a vendor in chapter 4, in an amusement park sells a thick dictionary, for like 6000. in chapter 15, you can sell it for 11250. so, nearly double your money.

I see.

So that method is for after Chapter Select has been unlocked.

User Info: ukokira1

ukokira1
2 years ago#7
Sell every material that says "can be used for money"

they have no purpose aside from that
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7086776
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7086033

leeman3104
2 years ago#8
well, needed beast hide/moose meat/boar meat for a quest, so not entirely, but its safe to assume yes. honestly after that first bit when you can buy all the weapons ad upgrade chip compacity, aside from a 180k quest, theres not a lot to spend it on now. got 500k+ without grinding, just cause i fished for the money to do all that stuff early, and was grinding for some +4,+5 chips a bit. might be some more hardcore purchases later, but in middle-ish of second playthrough, nada. accidentally bought 99 cure all status items, didn't even dent my wallet.
Here's an idea to make that rabbit harder: give him Gaea Rage. And don't even have the damage: just make it crash the game and delete your saves.

User Info: Silfurbor_Negla

Silfurbor_Negla
2 years ago#9
leeman3104 posted...

Maximize your profit by getting the machines weapon (sold at pas al village) with robot discount ability (lv2 upgrade iirc), I heard all 3 weapon discount stack

But I never did that method, with drop rate up chip you get plenty stuff to sell anyway
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.

leeman3104
2 years ago#10
eh pointless now, considering atm i have crazy ammounts of cash, presumably since i farmed the money i wanted by fishing, now its mostly pointless. but i also got 90% item drops, trying to get more chips, so i doubt i'll really need money again. hell, accidentally got 99 of the cure any status effect items on accident, still had 500k.
  1. Boards
  2. NieR: Automata
  3. Best way to make money?
  • Topic Archived