• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
  3. How would the game be better?

User Info: Johnny502

Johnny502
1 year ago#11
If people actually played the game, that's it, problem solved.

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 year ago#12
whisperstar13 posted...
They should also tweak the material system. I don't know how they would do it, but collecting the right materials to make new outfits takes way too long to be convenient. This is especially true for outfits like the Cozy Parka or the Dunewalker Duds, where you'll probably have to spend time replaying previous levels to get what you need...meaning once you've gotten them, you've already done the levels they're useful in to the point where you no longer need them.

I thought, it was way too easy and quick to get all the outfits. And they are mostly there for the Challenges, anyway.
Hyrule Blog
http://hyrule.blog

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
1 year ago#13
I agree. The costumes weren't really that hard to get and I got them all fairly quickly. The way they have it now is meant like that on purpose...you aren't just supposed to play the levels one time each and be done with the game. Having to play stages to get materials adds a bit of replayability to stages; which is not a bad thing.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: JetInMoonX

JetInMoonX
1 year ago#14
Real chat.
Hi.

User Info: whisperstar13

whisperstar13
1 year ago#15
Meteordragon10 posted...
I agree. The costumes weren't really that hard to get and I got them all fairly quickly. The way they have it now is meant like that on purpose...you aren't just supposed to play the levels one time each and be done with the game. Having to play stages to get materials adds a bit of replayability to stages; which is not a bad thing.

It's not having to replay the levels that I have a problem with, really...It's the fact that a lot of the costumes require materials from the same areas where having said costumes would be really helpful. I think they should've tried to set at least some of the materials back an area, so that you could gather them in one level and then make a costume that would help you in the next level, instead of only being useful during levels you've already done before.

As an example, take the Hammerwear or the Cozy Parka. Both of these are helpful while fighting the boss of the Ice Cavern, Blizzagia, and yet both of them require materials that are only found in the Ice Cavern. So you could very easily make it up to Blizzagia without managing to make either of the costumes, and then get the one material you needed after you've defeated him.
Think like a proton...Always positive. ;)

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 year ago#16
whisperstar13 posted...
As an example, take the Hammerwear or the Cozy Parka. Both of these are helpful while fighting the boss of the Ice Cavern, Blizzagia, and yet both of them require materials that are only found in the Ice Cavern. So you could very easily make it up to Blizzagia without managing to make either of the costumes, and then get the one material you needed after you've defeated him.

Well, there are still the Challenges left. The outfits there are to help you with those.

Like the Goron Garb that lets you walk through fire. It makes some of the levels in the Volcano area a cakewalk. It's good that you have to play those levels at least once normally, so you experience the normal difficulty. But with the Challenges it's nice to have the shortcuts.
Hyrule Blog
http://hyrule.blog
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes
  3. How would the game be better?
  • Topic Archived