• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shenmue III
  3. How do you fight in this game?

User Info: BrownPack

BrownPack
4 months ago#1
In the first two games, it was quite simple. A was to kick, X was to punch, B was to grab. Y was to dodge. In this game, that system seems to have been thrown out the window completely, because I have no idea how to fight in this game. Anyone have any tips? I'm currently trying to fight Gold Tiger and I have gotten this far by just button mashing

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 months ago#2
lol button mashing, try some training to get you started, there are people who will spar with you to get you started with the moves.
Loot Boxes, more Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Battle Royale, that will be 300 mill per second please...

BrownPack
4 months ago#3
huyi posted...
lol button mashing, try some training to get you started, there are people who will spar with you to get you started with the moves.

I know how to do the moves, im just wondering, how do i fight smart? like is there any tip of how I can evade easily and when i should attack?

User Info: huyi

huyi
4 months ago#4
that is the whole point in sparing, it shows you the moves, you do them, it levels up your skills the more you do them.

As for fighting, wait for a opening, attack, attack them and then when they are on the floor sweep them, use right stick to move around, RT to block but you need to spar to learn more moves.
Loot Boxes, more Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Battle Royale, that will be 300 mill per second please...

BrownPack
4 months ago#5
So as for blocking, you just hold Lt, right? I swear it doesn't always work, as if the enemy attacks are able to go around them somehow

User Info: Megamandrew

Megamandrew
4 months ago#6
You have two types of arm strikes and two types of leg strikes. A punch, a hook, a kick, and a knee. You can combine them in myriad ways for different moves. Hold LT to block. When you block an attack, your block gauge depletes and then refills. If it empties, then your guard breaks. There are additional moved you can only use while holding LT. The combos that you can do with these two buttons are very good as well. Tapping the stick will allow you to dodge, which is massively helpful. The best way to fight is to block and wait for your opponent to strike. Once they do, sidestep their attack and then hit them while their guard is down. If you're fighting multiple foes, knock one down and focus on the other one.

User Info: blitz789

blitz789
2 months ago#7
Dodge until the enemy finishes a move then hit them with a combo.
Can one tell if destiny has been changed?
  1. Boards
  2. Shenmue III
  3. How do you fight in this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A