• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
  3. Little motion sickness with rigs

User Info: makoshark222

makoshark222
2 years ago#1
Played VR Worlds and Batman w/o any problem but Rigs does give me a little qeezy feelings every now and then. I can play a game then I can start to tell. Going to be like flying in a certain sense to use to. Love the game its awesome!
Top 10 World ranked CoD player MakoShark222
Future Top 10 BF1 World Class playa!!!

User Info: spikerules1

spikerules1
2 years ago#2
You love the game even though it makes you vomit? You must love heroin?
"Live in Ca. Gamespot screwed me too. I'm still walking funny."
RESIDENTEVILGAMER

User Info: makoshark222

makoshark222
2 years ago#3
spikerules1 posted...
You love the game even though it makes you vomit? You must love heroin?

Never tried it whats it like? You sound like a daily user.
Top 10 World ranked CoD player MakoShark222
Future Top 10 BF1 World Class playa!!!

User Info: woodbine001

woodbine001
2 years ago#4
Just played the demo so far. Loved looking at the 2 mechs on the install screen, then I thought to turn around and there was a 3rd looming over me...

W.

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
2 years ago#5
TC I played this today at best Buy and felt absolutely nothing. Which I was thrilled at. But I felt awful the week before when I played EVE.

I think my tolerance went up or people have drastically different motion sickness triggers.

User Info: phoneixfencer

phoneixfencer
2 years ago#6
woodbine001 posted...
Just played the demo so far. Loved looking at the 2 mechs on the install screen, then I thought to turn around and there was a 3rd looming over me...

W.

I'm really glad you add a signature to your post. Because despite it being in a box that has your name already on it I had no idea who wrote it at all.
GTA: O Created by trolls, for trolls.

User Info: Runik

Runik
2 years ago#7
I have been playing VR games for quite some time . I have a Gear VR and my work has a Vive . I thought I had my VR legs but Rigs really humbled me . I got motion sickness really quickly while I was doing the tutorial, It got really bad when I started moving around .
I fully endorse whatever I say right now . What I said yesterday was a load of baloney.

User Info: Naveen93

Naveen93
2 years ago#8
I was definitely pretty queasy after my first play session last night. I only played for about 30-40 minutes (tutorial and one offline match), but I felt pretty uncomfortable. I think a huge part of it was that the lights in my room kinda messed with my setup and the tracking was off. So the aim would always drift to the left and it was very disjointed.

Today, I played with the lights off and the tracking/aiming was super precise with no jerkiness. I still felt a little sick after one offline match, but nowhere near as bad as the first day. About an hour later I played another two matches and barely felt sick at all.

So some general recommendations I've read have been to ease yourself into a VR game. Play for 5-10 minutes the first time, then gradually increase it each play session. Also, if you begin to feel sick, don't force your way through it. Just stop playing. Because if you force yourself and get real sick, it might get in your head and you'll have a mental aversion to VR (I've read the analogy of someone who got sick after drinking too much tequila one night and then gagging just at the smell of tequila for months afterwards).
Not changing this signature until I feel like it.
Started 1/27/2011

User Info: Glenshadow

Glenshadow
2 years ago#9
Naveen93 posted...
I was definitely pretty queasy after my first play session last night. I only played for about 30-40 minutes (tutorial and one offline match), but I felt pretty uncomfortable. I think a huge part of it was that the lights in my room kinda messed with my setup and the tracking was off. So the aim would always drift to the left and it was very disjointed.

Today, I played with the lights off and the tracking/aiming was super precise with no jerkiness. I still felt a little sick after one offline match, but nowhere near as bad as the first day. About an hour later I played another two matches and barely felt sick at all.

So some general recommendations I've read have been to ease yourself into a VR game. Play for 5-10 minutes the first time, then gradually increase it each play session. Also, if you begin to feel sick, don't force your way through it. Just stop playing. Because if you force yourself and get real sick, it might get in your head and you'll have a mental aversion to VR (I've read the analogy of someone who got sick after drinking too much tequila one night and then gagging just at the smell of tequila for months afterwards).

this is a known issue with all psvr headsets, they all experience left drift (regardless of what methods you take to alleviate it). we're hoping it's software.
PSN: Glenshadow
'I knew an Exo who could taste velocity. Said his favorite flavor was one kilometer per second.'

User Info: AdmiralBison

AdmiralBison
2 years ago#10
Fishels posted...
TC I played this today at best Buy and felt absolutely nothing. Which I was thrilled at. But I felt awful the week before when I played EVE.

I think my tolerance went up or people have drastically different motion sickness triggers.

This is true for me.

It depends on the person and the game.

Eve and Drive Club VR not a problem, can do some sharp manouvering, RIG I started sweating and got motion sickness litterally 3 minutes into a match.

So with VR it requires having to build your tolerance by stopping when you get the slightest sense of motion sickness (do not power through it because it gets worse), have a break from that particular game(s) generally 1-2 days then play again.

I'll be playing RIGS again tomorrow.
  1. Boards
  2. RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
  3. Little motion sickness with rigs
  • Topic Archived