• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shenmue III
  3. Got it for $9 at Walm

User Info: Plant42

Plant42
2 months ago#1
If anyone is looking for a good deal

User Info: funnybearburger

funnybearburger
2 months ago#2
That’s about all it’s worth. Unfortunately, I paid $2K for my copy.

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
2 months ago#3
funnybearburger posted...
I paid $2K for my copy.
lmao.

I think I paid ~$850 Canadian. Then I pre-ordered 2 of the Limited Run Games editions for $200+. I was considering getting the PixNLove edition too but never got around to it, luckily.

$10 is reasonable. I'm willing to pay $10 for the PC version when it hits a good sale on Steam. No rush though.
Milk, man.
<< Protect society from the emotions of ugly people >>

funnybearburger
2 months ago#4
Oh, I also own the LRG version. I forgot about that. It's hidden behind a bunch of junk. They couldn't even bother to give this game decent box art. Think about how absolutely lazy the box art, logo promo shots, trailers, and in-game GUI are. They put SO little effort into so much of this game, yet people still want to defend it because Yu Suzuki SACRIFICED SO MUCH!!!!! to develop it. Doesn't show in any of the product, unfortunately, especially when you consider all the Kickstarter f***ery like the EGS exclusivity that burned the last remaining good will much of the fan base had for Shenmue and Yu Suzuki.

Maybe this is why I'm so persistent about how much I dislike this game? I spent the equivalent of like 5 PS4s to buy it, and it's one of the worst games I've ever played.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
2 months ago#5
For me, the amount of money I spent on it is embarrassing, but I've accepted that. The kickstarter was 5 years ago now, so that money is out of my mind, long ago.

I just have a hard time accepting how horribly the game turned out. I can't fathom the decision making that went on during development.
Milk, man.
<< Protect society from the emotions of ugly people >>

User Info: Vyse_skies

Vyse_skies
4 weeks ago#6
Oh, I also own the LRG version. I forgot about that. It's hidden behind a bunch of junk. They couldn't even bother to give this game decent box art. Think about how absolutely lazy the box art, logo promo shots, trailers, and in-game GUI are. They put SO little effort into so much of this game, yet people still want to defend it because Yu Suzuki SACRIFICED SO MUCH!!!!! to develop it. Doesn't show in any of the product, unfortunately, especially when you consider all the Kickstarter f***ery like the EGS exclusivity that burned the last remaining good will much of the fan base had for Shenmue and Yu Suzuki.

Maybe this is why I'm so persistent about how much I dislike this game? I spent the equivalent of like 5 PS4s to buy it, and it's one of the worst games I've ever played.
Where are you from that 5 ps4 games cost two grand.
This is the place where my signature is meant to be, but I can't seem to find a pen.

funnybearburger
4 weeks ago#7
Vyse_skies posted...
Where are you from that 5 ps4 games cost two grand.
I said "5 PS4s," as in 5 PS4 consoles.

User Info: Vyse_skies

Vyse_skies
4 weeks ago#8
I said "5 PS4s," as in 5 PS4 consoles.
Oh, that makes way more sense 😂
This is the place where my signature is meant to be, but I can't seem to find a pen.

User Info: Fryedaddy4

Fryedaddy4
2 weeks ago#9
Its $8 at Best Buy right now. You get the steelbook for free with it.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1086998/wilsongf_medium.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SbtyEYk-fY
  1. Boards
  2. Shenmue III
  3. Got it for $9 at Walm
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 4 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 30 Questions (29 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A