• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shenmue III
  3. What would make a cool trophy?

User Info: Vyse_skies

Vyse_skies
5 months ago#1
So I think it's pretty unanimous that collecting 1000 fish, chopping logs, and hoarding herbs is boring.

So what would make a good trophy? I think it would have been cool to incorporate the environment into the trophy list. For example, by there's one place in Niaowu with pictures o sailors from Shenmue 1. Looking at these could have been a cool trophy. As well as noticing other Easter eggs or other design choices in the environment. It gives you more reason to explore.
This is the place where my signature is meant to be, but I can't seem to find a pen.

User Info: betagam7

betagam7
5 months ago#2
I'd have had one for finishing the Bailu Dojo. it was anticlimactic to get nothing.

Finding all of the hidden Chobu-chans in Niaowu should have been one.

The log chopping one was standard. it was something you would naturally achieve in the course of the game. The herb one is one of the most preposterous things ever put in any game.

Vyse_skies
5 months ago#3
I agree with the herb nonsense. Main issue was the maps for them were really bad. And it was so hard to find the ones you missed on NG+.

This is the place where my signature is meant to be, but I can't seem to find a pen.

User Info: betagam7

betagam7
5 months ago#4
Vyse_skies posted...
I agree with the herb nonsense. Main issue was the maps for them were really bad. And it was so hard to find the ones you missed on NG+.

Even using Reala's interactive map I couldn't find them all. I think it was meant to be something they hoped we'd solve as a community but they just made it way to difficult and unpredictable.

User Info: BANGSBASS

BANGSBASS
5 months ago#5
Banging Shenhua
My Shenmue Designs! http://www.redbubble.com/people/hoogafanter/shop
STEAM: (BANGS) BASS wubwub

User Info: dompa

dompa
5 months ago#6
Finding all herbs would have ben fun if they showed up on the ingame map. Some combat and moves trophies should have been in their. Maxing a moves skill level. Some trophies tied to training. Maybe some trophies tied to the different minigames in the arcade or outside in the village/city. Leveling up. It was a pretty terrible list overall. Makes you wonder sometimes how developers think about this. If i would have made a trophy list for a game i created i would have made it so that people had fun doing it and enjoyed everything there is in the game. Not spend 10 hours fishing. Unless the game was only about fishing maybe. And shenmue isn't the only one. Playing final fantasy 9 now and makes you think who though it was a good idea to include a trophy for 10 000 kills. Each fight has maybe 2-3 enemies in them. Playing naturally and doing everything in the game wont even get you near a thousand even.
PSN-ID: dompa112
(edited 5 months ago)

Vyse_skies
5 months ago#7
Yeah. I feel many achievement lists are weak and not worth paying through. They should add to the game, not make the game a chore or simply be there because it's mandatory.
  1. Boards
  2. Shenmue III
  3. What would make a cool trophy?
  • Post New Message

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 4 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 30 Questions (29 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A