• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. failed experiment hard mode

User Info: justinpoulson

justinpoulson
2 months ago#1
help

User Info: Unit198_TypeA

Unit198_TypeA
2 months ago#2
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/314233-final-fantasy-vii-remake-intergrade/79670246

Instead of Wind go for Fire for the build, and don't worry too much about the parry-cancel stuff it still gets the job done by relying on Focused Strike chaining and magic use.

User Info: Greymind

Greymind
2 months ago#3
@justinpoulson
Just follow how I did it here.
https://youtu.be/UxCg35I9AF4
Old vid, so I can't remember the build exactly but it might've been something like this.

Barret
EKG Cannon
Chain Bangle
Fury Ring
----
Materia
Elemental + Ice
Magnify + Ice
First Strike
Magic Up
------
ATB Stagger
*Cleansing
MP UP
**MP UP
----
Bahamut

Tifa
Metal Knuckles
Force Bracelet
Fury Ring
------
Elemental + Ice
Deadly Dodge
Parry
First Strike
Skill Master
-------
Magic UP
MP UP
HP UP
ATB Stagger
-----
Ifrit

*not sure if you need this, since you're immune to status during limits even on vanilla iirc, but Tifa can be put to sleep during Starshower as rare as it is.

** I wanna say I used one MP UP and one Skill Master for Barret.

The reason for one Magic UP for each was because I was over damaging the mini ones enough times to warrant that setup. Was taking them out before I get the stagger credit.

Have the magnify use aim for the group just ahead of you and tye non- magnify user aim for the group to the left when the battle begins.

Also, use ATB when the Blizzara Crystal hasn't broke yet. Thanks to ATB Stagger, you'll essentially use a skill for no ATB!

This also applies to limits too. Cast magnify Blizzara, use refocus and boom, free limit 👍
Looks like this: Skip to the end to see a back to back Summersault, as I messed up the Blizzara + Refocus Combo lol
https://youtu.be/4cG9ZJ9XWqw

Good luck :D
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...

Unit198_TypeA
2 months ago#4
Unit198_TypeA posted...
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/314233-final-fantasy-vii-remake-intergrade/79670246

Instead of Wind go for Fire for the build, and don't worry too much about the parry-cancel stuff it still gets the job done by relying on Focused Strike chaining and magic use.
Whoops, had the wrong boss in mind when saying that last bit.

The setup I have works just fine though as is, the video reference has the exact loadout listed.
For the one part where Synergy is used by Barret during the Tifa-on-the-bridge part, have Tifa use it instead as she should have ATB, or just have Barret build ATB real quick and use the spell then.

Greymind
2 months ago#5
Unit198_TypeA posted...
Whoops, had the wrong boss in mind when saying that last bit.

The setup I have works just fine though as is, the video reference has the exact loadout listed.
For the one part where Synergy is used by Barret during the Tifa-on-the-bridge part, have Tifa use it instead as she should have ATB, or just have Barret build ATB real quick and use the spell then.
Nah, as good as Synergy is, it's not needed here. The best way is to use Ice magic on the Unknown Entities to build Limit and Finish the FE outright.

The lock-on isn't great, so switching to re-target Synergy is a hassle due to the amount of enemies and UE don't always Stagger with just Blizzard. Bonus that PS4 users can use this strat too.

Again, better to use Blizzara + ATB Stagger to build ATB while also quickly building Limit. If TC is really struggling, they can always redo the chapter, get some Exp and use the Magnify + MP Absorb combo to maintain MP.
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...

Unit198_TypeA
2 months ago#6
Well aware, which is why I advised a replacement for use of Synergy in my post.
Multiple approaches is always a nice thing to have, beauty of this combat system is the many ways you can go about each fight.

EDIT:
Probably worded it odd but my intention in the second post was to essentially say; instead of having Synergy materia, replace it with whatever seems more useful.

Greymind
2 months ago#7
Unit198_TypeA posted...

For the one part where Synergy is used by Barret during the Tifa-on-the-bridge part,
have Tifa use it instead as she should have ATB, or just have Barret build ATB real quick and use the spell then.

You flat out said to have Tifa use it instead since she should have ATB lol. It's all good though xD
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. failed experiment hard mode
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Can Don Corneo choose Tifa or Aerith? Main Quest4 Answers
How do you equip weapons and armor? Build2 Answers
How to get a 300% Stagger? Side Quest2 Answers
How to beat Hell house on hard mode? Enemy/Boss20 Answers
Can't summon ifrit ? Tech Support1 Answer