• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Normal mode challenge suggestions

User Info: DuranDD

DuranDD
4 weeks ago#1
I am quite far already with Hard mode. And for me it isn’t that hard really. I heard that Hell House was one of the hardest bosses. With the tips I read he went down easily and didn’t even poison him. Other bosses gave me a harder time. Before I started hard mode I thought that wasn’t the thing for me. But I liked certain aspects of it. Like not having to search each dungeon for chests except for smashing boxes. But to my surprise it wasn’t that hard for me. I didn’t even grind to level 50.

What I miss is the typical RPG experience making Gil, decide what stuff to buy, decide when to use items and build up characters. I enjoy that. On my first playthrough I never touched summons at all. Never used Mega Potions, Hi-Ethers and Elixers. I didn’t do that on purpose, just never got around using summons. On Hard Mode I did and I have to say they really did that well!

Anyway I’d love to hear your suggestions for a good challenge. I am planning not to upgrade Physical Attack and Magic attack when upgrading weapons.
I also plan to make my own ‘jobs’. So no swapping materia too much.

So I’d love to hear some good challenges:-)

User Info: Vercingterox

Vercingterox
4 weeks ago#2
Play the game normally but whenever they make a change that would be considered offensive on GameFAQs, take a shot
Team Jessie

User Info: Greymind

Greymind
4 weeks ago#3
Default gear only/No Weapon Up Grades run for normal is pretty fun, you can try that.
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...

User Info: Cire2

Cire2
4 weeks ago#4
"I found the game isn't that hard. I'm also using a strategy guide."

DuranDD
4 weeks ago#5
Cire2 posted...
"I found the game isn't that hard. I'm also using a strategy guide."
I didn’t use a guide except for stuff the game does not explain. I was curious about what Hard Mode was like since I heard it was really hard. I saw all over the place that Hell House gave people a hard time. So yeah for that fight I searched for tips. On normal mode it took a long time to beat him. But prepared on Hard Mode that fight wasn’t that hard.

DuranDD
4 weeks ago#6
Thank you for the tips. I hope to get some more ideas how to make the game harder. A no sidequest/optional stuff run is also on my mind.

User Info: Greymind

Greymind
4 weeks ago#7
DuranDD posted...
Thank you for the tips. I hope to get some more ideas how to make the game harder. A no sidequest/optional stuff run is also on my mind.
That sounds good! You might want to also give a no shop run too. Equip only what you find in the overworld. A Hard Mode No Materia run us something you might be interested in too.
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...

DuranDD
4 weeks ago#8
Greymind posted...
That sounds good! You might want to also give a no shop run too. Equip only what you find in the overworld. A Hard Mode No Materia run us something you might be interested in too.

Hard mode was pretty good but I really miss the classic RPG aspect of making money to buy and sell stuff. Also to decide to use an item now or save it for later. Upgrade equipment or save my money for better stuff. A no shop run is a pretty good idea for normal mode.

I have decided not to upgrade my weapons strength and magic and elemental/limit break attack boost. I will also personalize materia, the following is just a concept:
Cloud: Lightning and fire, 1 HP and MP up, scan?, deadly dodge, healing, revive and parry
Barret: Barrier materia, max 2 HP up materia, steadfast block, and item master.
Tifa: Wind materia, Time, deadly dodge, all ATB boost, first strike, 1 HP up, Chakra, item master
Aerith: max 2MP up, Elemental materia only on armor, fire, ice, lightning and wing magic materia, healing paired with magnify, revive, barrier, time, auto cure, prayer

User Info: Janseh1983

Janseh1983
3 weeks ago#9
DuranDD posted...
Hard mode was pretty good but I really miss the classic RPG aspect of making money to buy and sell stuff. Also to decide to use an item now or save it for later. Upgrade equipment or save my money for better stuff. A no shop run is a pretty good idea for normal mode.

I have decided not to upgrade my weapons strength and magic and elemental/limit break attack boost. I will also personalize materia, the following is just a concept:
Cloud: Lightning and fire, 1 HP and MP up, scan?, deadly dodge, healing, revive and parry
Barret: Barrier materia, max 2 HP up materia, steadfast block, and item master.
Tifa: Wind materia, Time, deadly dodge, all ATB boost, first strike, 1 HP up, Chakra, item master
Aerith: max 2MP up, Elemental materia only on armor, fire, ice, lightning and wing magic materia, healing paired with magnify, revive, barrier, time, auto cure, prayer

Honestly sounds boring to me part of the fun of RPGs is becoming overpowered. Anyways while I found the game on HM not that hard thanks to having overpowered materia I still will die if I don’t pay attention to things since the enemies hit pretty hard and they can stun lock you.

EVEN MY BATHROOM IS A BATHROOM!!!!! Well, I guess that's okay. THERE'S TOO MANY BATHROOMS!!!!

DuranDD
3 weeks ago#10
Janseh1983 posted...
Honestly sounds boring to me part of the fun of RPGs is becoming overpowered. Anyways while I found the game on HM not that hard thanks to having overpowered materia I still will die if I don’t pay attention to things since the enemies hit pretty hard and they can stun lock you.

I understand it’s a part of RPG’s. But for me it gets old real quick. I could make it much harder but I want a challenge that is still fun to do. I enjoy the job system so making up rules is fun for me. Sometimes limiting yourself will make you even more powerful because it forces to think differently.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Normal mode challenge suggestions
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A