• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What do you want to see in the new FFIX Remake?

User Info: Perfect_Cyborg

Perfect_Cyborg
4 days ago#1
What would you like to see in the new FFIX Remake? For me it'll be

1. More Necron hints even though you can already know his presence before the final boss if you look into the story deep enough. But having him be more involved wouldn't hurt either. Have him send his interdimensional minions called the Necrontry that comes in and mess with reality at certain points in the story.

2. More Miko involvement. She is the third angel of death that's suppose to surpass both Kuja and Zidane. Either have her be a new antagonist, ally, or remain neutral. Just give her a trance form.

3. More stuff with Garland. I wanted him to be in the game more physically. He's the master of time according to his badass theme.

4. Make Alexander summonable in battle.

5. Give Hades more lore.

6. A more explorable Alexandria, Lindblum, and Treno. More exterior and interior locations to explore.

7. Fit the whole FFIX into three epic games throughout the PS5 lifetime.

8. Expand upon the card game.

9. Have Beatrix be a permanent member in the main part. Have Armanth's partner be a permanent party member too.
I AM THE PERFECT CYBORG!

User Info: crono12064

crono12064
4 days ago#2
For a hypothetical remake, just fix the card game and make the battles flow faster.

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
4 days ago#3
Perfect_Cyborg posted...
1. More Necron hints even though you can already know his presence before the final boss if you look into the story deep enough. But having him be more involved wouldn't hurt either. Have him send his interdimensional minions called the Necrontry that comes in and mess with reality at certain points in the story.

Would this fit Necrons character though?

In order to know about his presence before, he would be interfering with the events of the story, which goes against what he is trying to prove: that humans alone desire destruction, without any influence.

He would basically be proving himself right. Its crazy, but for Necron to work, he kind of has to be hidden throughout the entire game. Even a hint that someone like him exists would change the entire story, cause how would people know if he is trying to let humans determine their own fate.

As for Miko, that screams anime, which I wouldn't be surprised seeing as Sakaguchi left but id rather FFIX stay the nice novel like story it is, rather than the anime trope it can become. Leave the anime trope stuff to Kitase's team(Nomura and Toriyama, they seem to be handling that just fine)

As for what I want mainly, is the game to be finished. FFIX had one sore spot for me, and that was the rushed part at the end of disc 3 where they didnt let you explore the shrines, rather you get a fight with Quina and Ziadane only. I want 4 unique dungeons you have to tackle relatively at the same time, maybe switching parties style ala FFVI, but in different locations. Maybe a puzzle in one shrine effects another, would be cool.

SE Renaissance- 5 good upcoming SE games, not since the 90's has this happened~
FFXVI, Forspoken, SOP-FF Origin, DQXII, and FFVIIR Part 2.

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
4 days ago#4
My wish list that I know won’t happen:

• Give Amano a blank check to create one of the most artistically beautiful games that absolutely pops in 4K (don’t confuse with graphical fidelity).
  • Brave Exvius’ combat with the ability to switch characters like in X.
  • Hard mode and extra hard mode.
  • Beef up the equipment system to add a ton more options/builds + add in all the modern spells and summons and balance it so having things like killers and elemental resistance is vital.
  • Give every character an additional side quest chain that expands on their b-story/lore and unlocks something good.
  • Make it so you can store Trance and don’t have to worry about losing it on some rando right before the boss.
  • Add verticality/metroidvania elements to the dungeons/towns/world map, but maintain the OG’s structure/progression.
  • Leave story as is but have Kuja be the final boss.
  • Don’t f*** up/anime up the VA.
  • Add XII-like hunts but integrate them in a way that makes sense within the story.
  • Party chatter in dungeons and along routes like XV had.
  • Add a postgame with extra dungeons, super bosses, side quests etc.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.
(edited 4 days ago)
A confirmation from SE that this game exists or not.

If it does, all I ask for is that it be faithful to the original. Both story and gameplay-wise.

If it doesn’t, that would probably be for the better. FFIX is already a great game. It doesn’t need a remake.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
4 days ago#6
Have 10x of everything and make it take 8 hours to reach each new location/story arc so the pacing is straight horrible.

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
4 days ago#7
They need to add plot ghosts, who f*** up various classic scenes and make the remake a pseudo sequel. Thats my favourite.

User Info: MetalCannon2

MetalCannon2
4 days ago#8
I don't thw original is fine the way it is.

User Info: goodlyoak

goodlyoak
4 days ago#9
I want to see if they are actually making it or is this another "Switch pro" situation.

User Info: Kingtrojan

Kingtrojan
4 days ago#10
Perfect_Cyborg posted...
What would you like to see in the new FFIX Remake? For me it'll be

2. More Miko involvement. She is the third angel of death that's suppose to surpass both Kuja and Zidane. Either have her be a new antagonist, ally, or remain neutral. Just give her a trance form.

3. More stuff with Garland. I wanted him to be in the game more physically. He's the master of time according to his badass theme.

4. Make Alexander summonable in battle.

5. Give Hades more lore.

6. A more explorable Alexandria, Lindblum, and Treno. More exterior and interior locations to explore.

7. Fit the whole FFIX into three epic games throughout the PS5 lifetime.

8. Expand upon the card game.

9. Have Beatrix be a permanent member in the main part. Have Armanth's partner be a permanent party member too.
I wouldn’t want to see any of these changes, if indeed a remake is in the cards I would want mini games done away with Hot & Cold was terrible, the card game was even worse and frog catching took way to long to respawn unless you got lucky with a gold frog. I would like to see the steal rates fixed if the game is going to have exclusive equipment and a character’s strongest ability tied to it I shouldn’t have to spend 15min to sometimes 60 mins with the skills that are supposed to increase the chance to steal equipped trying to get an item
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What do you want to see in the new FFIX Remake?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A