• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So I am playing Hard Mode now and

User Info: Janseh1983

Janseh1983
1 month ago#1
I saw tips for MP management and it says do side quests to restore MP.

Now I am not seeing that? Did they nerf this in a patch or something?

Surprisingly the save reload break boxes still works.
EVEN MY BATHROOM IS A BATHROOM!!!!! Well, I guess that's okay. THERE'S TOO MANY BATHROOMS!!!!

User Info: Greymind

Greymind
1 month ago#2
Where did you see the side quest tip lol best MP management tip for Hard is to use Magnify + Tier 1 Spell and MP Absorb

It looks like this~

Magnify=Fire, MP Absorb=Fire. You'll double up on the same spell, but that's fine. You can even throw in HP Absorb + Spell too.

Have Cloud for this role as his magic stat is really strong and Mythril Saber reduces MP cost for attack spells. Tier 1 spells end up costing just 2MP, but can still one shot mobs, so you'll actually gain a net positive of MP. Aerith works fine too, but she has Soul Drain. Just have her finish off whatever Cloud couldn't with Said Ability.

Lastly, no need for Healing on Magnify. Heal with just Cure as needed and have at least two characters with Healing to help ease MP usage, but remember to heal before smashing boxes.
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...

User Info: Janseh1983

Janseh1983
1 month ago#3
Greymind posted...
Where did you see the side quest tip lol best MP management tip for Hard is to use Magnify + Tier 1 Spell and MP Absorb

It looks like this~

Magnify=Fire, MP Absorb=Fire. You'll double up on the same spell, but that's fine. You can even throw in HP Absorb + Spell too.

Have Cloud for this role as his magic stat is really strong and Mythril Saber reduces MP cost for attack spells. Tier 1 spells end up costing just 2MP, but can still one shot mobs, so you'll actually gain a net positive of MP. Aerith works fine too, but she has Soul Drain. Just have her finish off whatever Cloud couldn't with Said Ability.

Lastly, no need for Healing on Magnify. Heal with just Cure as needed and have at least two characters with Healing to help ease MP usage, but remember to heal before smashing boxes.

Yea I don’t know why website would say quest since it only restores HP in Hard Mode. So far I have only gotten to Chapter 3 on HM. I missed a few things on my first playthrough and had to quickly go through chapters on easy mode to nab another luck and elemental materia, then got Bahamut and was leveling a few materia before I jump back in.

So far I have been using Prayer though Chakra is kind of underwhelming, and yea I had to level HP absorb cause I really didn’t utilize that on my first run.
EVEN MY BATHROOM IS A BATHROOM!!!!! Well, I guess that's okay. THERE'S TOO MANY BATHROOMS!!!!

User Info: junctx_materia

junctx_materia
1 month ago#4
F
WHOOO

User Info: DrunkGiraffe

DrunkGiraffe
1 month ago#5
That tip is a lie.

tbh you can get through the bulk of the chapters using Pray + Chakra to heal and taking advantage of the elemental materia to do elemental damage, though you have to get good at remembering which enemies are weak to which element and switching it out as needed.

I've gotten to chapter 14 on hard mode hardly touching MP outside of boss battles.

User Info: Greymind

Greymind
1 month ago#6
Janseh1983 posted...
Yea I don’t know why website would say quest since it only restores HP in Hard Mode. So far I have only gotten to Chapter 3 on HM. I missed a few things on my first playthrough and had to quickly go through chapters on easy mode to nab another luck and elemental materia, then got Bahamut and was leveling a few materia before I jump back in.

So far I have been using Prayer though Chakra is kind of underwhelming, and yea I had to level HP absorb cause I really didn’t utilize that on my first run.
Sounds good!

But don't sleep on good old tier 1 spells. Tons of folks do and then have MP issues since they think it won't do them much good. Cloud and Aerith can nuke mobs with Magnify then get a net positive thanks to MP Absorb.

Pray and Chakra are fine, but not needed as Cure heals just fine.

Tifa can futher support with Chi Trap and Barret Smackdown and Maximum Fury.
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...

User Info: skeith20

skeith20
1 month ago#7
DrunkGiraffe posted...
That tip is a lie.

tbh you can get through the bulk of the chapters using Pray + Chakra to heal and taking advantage of the elemental materia to do elemental damage, though you have to get good at remembering which enemies are weak to which element and switching it out as needed.

I've gotten to chapter 14 on hard mode hardly touching MP outside of boss battles.

Seeing as you can reset the game to JUST before triggering any fights, you don't even have to remember the elements. you could literally trigger combat, analyse the enemies, back out, and redo your setup.
FC : 0130-2189-9081
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So I am playing Hard Mode now and
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A