• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. How to make the Airbuster more difficult (Hard Mode)

User Info: redmagelala

redmagelala
1 month ago#1
I don't know what to remove. I usually just do 1 M Unit, 2 Bombers and 1 AI, but I wanna make it harder on purpose.
"I'm Lawful Stupid! Couldn't catch the cabbage man, but somehow got Neutral first try!"

User Info: Greymind

Greymind
1 month ago#2
Don't remove anything. Only the first M Unit which is just an Item is mandatory, you can skip the rest. Other then my blind and first Hard run, I don't remove any of the optional components anymore.
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...
(edited 1 month ago)

redmagelala
1 month ago#3
I can just...

SKIP THE REST?

Bro, how?
"I'm Lawful Stupid! Couldn't catch the cabbage man, but somehow got Neutral first try!"

Greymind
1 month ago#4
redmagelala posted...
I can just...

SKIP THE REST?

Bro, how?
By going though the level as normal lol just ignore the components. Barret will say something if you try to leave the second room without removing a component iirc, but this is just a reminder to players, but you can ignore all the subsequent components.
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...
(edited 1 month ago)

redmagelala
1 month ago#5
You're right.

Gonna #@!$ up that mech!

Greymind
1 month ago#6
Good luck!

redmagelala
1 month ago#7
I'm not even gonna use Gotterdammerung for this one. Just gonna do it the hard way.

redmagelala
1 month ago#8
So I did use Gotterdammerung but I saved the Ascension for when Tifa did Dolphin Blow which happened after Barret's Fire in the Hole. I did all that after Cloud summoned Bahamut and Megaflare happened. It was then down to Overcharge -> Rise and Shine -> Infinity's End that finished the boss.

Now THAT was a challenge. Everyone got to under 500 HP twice.

I was using Buster Sword, Chain Bangle, Gotterdammerung, Leather Knuckle, Cog Bangle, Transference Module, Gatling Gun, Supreme Bangle and Salvation Badge.

For Materia
Cloud had: Lightning maxed linked with Elemental maxed, Fire maxed, HP Up maxed, Revival maxed, HP Up maxed and Bahamut in the Buster Sword. Healing maxed and Prayer maxed, Steadfast Block maxed and MP Up maxed in Chain Bangle. 9999 HP and 151 MP when Cloud entered the fight.

Tifa had: Lightning maxed linked with Elemental maxed, Ice maxed, HP Up maxed, Time maxed, Deadly Dodge maxed and Shiva in the Leather Gloves. Healing maxed, MP Up maxed and Revival maxed in the Cog Bangle. 7537 HP and 132 MP at the start.

Barret had: Fire maxed, HP Up, Wind maxed, HP Up maxed, Prayer maxed, Provoke maxed and Ifrit in the Gatling Gun. Healing, MP Up maxed and Revival maxed in the Supreme Bracer. 9999 HP and 116 MP when the fight started.

Cloud was who I used most of the fight and I saved ATB for Prayer or Infinity's End, like I usually do. Tifa was least used but she got off a lot of ATB so she got her Dolphin Blow eventually. And Barret was just the Prayer spam healer.

I'm Lv50, 250 hours and 2 million gil. I thought this would be hard but it was barely harder than solo Fat Chocobo on Hard Mode.

Greymind
1 month ago#9
Awesome! 👊

redmagelala
1 month ago#10
Greymind posted...
Awesome! 👊
I thought it'd be impossible. But turns out it was easily replicated. This time, Somersault over Dolphin Blow.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. How to make the Airbuster more difficult (Hard Mode)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A