• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. hard mode manuscripts

User Info: kirotyn

kirotyn
1 month ago#1
so is it worth it to go through the game on hard mode for these specifically? i've already gotten all 4 characters max level. what do they do anyway? add sp?
3ds: 5284 1695 2212
Mayor of Fonsett: Kirotyn.

User Info: Greymind

Greymind
1 month ago#2
They add SP. You'll get them from boss and side quest that have fights. There's also a chest where the Chocobo Materia was. It's up against the wall in the back. Worth it imo if you're gunning for Top Secrets and Weisstoo as you can transfer your save
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...

kirotyn
1 month ago#3
top secrets and weiss? what are those?

kirotyn
1 month ago#4
you know what, never mind hard mode. the fact that you cant use items is bs.

User Info: Greymind

Greymind
1 month ago#5
Okay lol then why even ask 🤦
We frequently pass so near to happiness without seeing, without regarding it, or if we do see and regard it, yet without recognizing it. ...

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
1 month ago#6
Items aren't even good in this game and probably my only complaint. Aside from stop you don't even notice status effects so things like antidotes or grenades that only do 200 damage are useless.

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
1 month ago#7
It might be worth it just to get enough manuscripts to enable you to max out weapon levels.

My blade is unbending.

User Info: RPGfreek

RPGfreek
1 month ago#8
The manuscripts are nice, but it's a pretty big investment.

I agree that no items is BS. It would be nice if the game encouraged you to use all the tools at your disposal strategically in hard mode vs. just disabling them.

EDIT: That said I just completed hard mode and it's not really that bad if you have maxed out materia. Only a few bosses gave me trouble. Even the final chapter bosses were fairly easy.

User Info: kingbob808

kingbob808
1 month ago#9
Hard mode isn't terribly difficult. Trickiest fight was Hell House, but others like the Ghoul can be troublesome if you're not prepared. Weirdly enough, the damn regular encounter sahagins fixed my little red wagon way more than I'd care to admit.
Spoilers above
PoGo Friend Code 8822 3437 8149
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. hard mode manuscripts
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A