• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Does Square Enix know about the FFVII Remake ending backlash? Do they even care?

User Info: slk_23

slk_23
2 months ago#1
Basically, does Square Enix know/care? - Results (307 votes)
They know, and they care
8.47% (26 votes)
They know, but they don't care
82.08% (252 votes)
They don't know, but they would care if they did know
0.33% (1 vote)
They don't know, and they wouldn't care even if they did know
9.12% (28 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
I'm just wondering how possible it is for Square Enix to hear complaints on the internet and actually do something about it, i.e. address these issues in any future installments. They do kind of have a track record of doing whatever they want, but maybe this could change that. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but does that apply to Square Enix, or are they just going to double down and continue this path with all these ghost shenanigans?

User Info: leo_hart

leo_hart
2 months ago#2
slk_23 posted...
I'm just wondering how possible it is for Square Enix to hear complaints on the internet and actually do something about it, i.e. address these issues in any future installments. They do kind of have a track record of doing whatever they want, but maybe this could change that. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but does that apply to Square Enix, or are they just going to double down and continue this path with all these ghost shenanigans?
This is Square Enix we're talking about; of course they're gonna do whatever the hell they want.

User Info: Final Eclipse

Final Eclipse
2 months ago#3
I really think they don't care and would do what they wanted anyway. Still, as a big supporter overall of part one, they will absolutely lose me if they move forward with the Zack stuff. Literally craps all over so much of the plot of the original.
Winter is coming...
(edited 2 months ago)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: Major_Zato

Major_Zato
2 months ago#6
Ps1ps2ps3 posted...
Corporate greed. What else is there?
There's a reason "AAA" games aren't usually the ones that grab my attention.
"AAA" is to gaming as Michael Bay is to movies. All explosions, no substance.
Old genres never die, they just grow more refined with age.

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
2 months ago#7
I'm under the impression they think it was well received by the fanbase.

I'm remembering in an interview awhile not long after the game launched that they were grateful people really enjoyed the game, that fans are speculating, and that this means they're excited about what's to come.

Thing is, FF7 is so big, no matter what they do with it, it's gonna sell, so even if they are aware of the backlash, they're still going to do what they want anyway.

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
2 months ago#8
meteora88 posted...
I'm under the impression they think it was well received by the fanbase.

Because it was. Idk why people can never understand that the people constantly crapping on something on forums or Twitter aren’t representative of the causal audience. The people whining about the ending on gamefaqs are a drop in the ocean for this games total sales

User Info: HawkGuts

HawkGuts
2 months ago#9
Why would Square Enix care about a vocal minority as opposed to the majority who loved the ending?

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
2 months ago#10
kollie89 posted...
Because it was. Idk why people can never understand that the people constantly crapping on something on forums or Twitter aren’t representative of the causal audience. The people whining about the ending on gamefaqs are a drop in the ocean for this games total sales

I'm aware.

I'm just answering the question. The fact that my impression was correct is pretty telling that I'm not exactly disputing it, no?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Does Square Enix know about the FFVII Remake ending backlash? Do they even care?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A