• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So why did they.. (Spoilers)

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
2 months ago#11
The party was never in a position to have the opportunity of going back to get Wedge, but based on what they knew Wedge seemingly had support from AVALANCHE and also Domino. The party had far more immediate pressing concerns to deal with.
My blade is unbending.

User Info: thedude3372

thedude3372
2 months ago#12
Cire2 posted...
Because, he's fat. And its symbolic of the developers turning their backs on the consumers who buy their games.
Considering you've been one of the biggest defenders, are you calling yourself fat?
A 7empest must be just that.

User Info: -BrokenSpiral-

-BrokenSpiral-
2 months ago#13
Cire2 posted...
Because, he's fat. And its symbolic of the developers turning their backs on the consumers who buy their games.
lol

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
2 months ago#14
VIIR is like an old hack and slash game in some ways. The writing is a s*** show, and seems to be just an excuse to move the characters forward into new areas. The whole game rests on the battle system, and fortunately its good.

So my advice is don't bother picking the writing apart TC, Im not sure SE are thinking too hard about it at this point.

User Info: Slykykiske

Slykykiske
2 months ago#15
Yeah, you guys are right. Kinda guess that they were going to take the chopper without him anyway but once Chopper got shot down, i'd think they'd be a LITTLE bit worried.
"I'm alone now, I was alone and will be alone. But i'm not lonely, because I should search for new game to see their red blood today" ~Black tiger

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
2 months ago#16
Everything around the main branch of Avalanche being at Shinra HQ felt like an 11th hour plot addition.

Given the way the reveal trailer hinted that Avalanche troops were going to be an actual part of the story with meaningful roles and depictions, it makes me wonder if they really did want to make a "ground-up" remake but we got the contemptuous sabotaged version.

User Info: Slykykiske

Slykykiske
2 months ago#17
TomorrowDog posted...
Everything around the main branch of Avalanche being at Shinra HQ felt like an 11th hour plot addition.

Given the way the reveal trailer hinted that Avalanche troops were going to be an actual part of the story with meaningful roles and depictions, it makes me wonder if they really did want to make a "ground-up" remake but we got the contemptuous sabotaged version.

Hm, my thoughts are this.. I think the main avalanche cell was already added to before crisis, but my take was that after the events in that game, the group disbanded. So with that being said it felt weird, but it also makes sense that there are other groups other than Barret's who are so against Shinra. I mean Shinra literally creates monsters, not all of them but it can be inferred most monsters running around the map are shinra experiments.

That and a couple of ruined reactors ruining the lives of countless innocent, why would Avalanche or more accurately why does it seem like only 4 people in the entire world (5 if including Tifa) seem to oppose them head on.

That said, Avalanche needs to be fleshed out, it is actually nice it got back story. Shears led 100 men, who were defeated by the leaders of avalanche and they formed a crew, but those dudes battle Shinra and more importantly Sephiroth/Zack/Reno/Rude etc, those guys shoulda had their ranks thinned and then some. Unless Rufus didn't just fund but also secretly helped with their recruitment efforts--which I can buy.

"I'm alone now, I was alone and will be alone. But i'm not lonely, because I should search for new game to see their red blood today" ~Black tiger
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So why did they.. (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A