• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So.. i'm now thinking.. (major spoilers)

User Info: Slykykiske

Slykykiske
1 month ago#1
.. The next part of remake isn't what we think it is. I thought that it was going to be like up to Nibelheim and the game ends there with some janky plot twists. Or OPTIMISTICALLY up to Aerith's death.

I'm now thinking the furthest the party reaches is Junon tops. I think part 2 is going to follow up with us going with Zack mainly. We were being too optimistic. Nibelheim is a major village with roads, towns and houses to visit. One of the biggest set pieces in ff7.

I don't like the idea too much and i've been brainstorming as to how the party would get Vincent and Cid by part 2. They have way too much traveling to get to.

How do you get around that? You introduce Zack as the playable character. Zack's world is definitively different than what Cloud's timeline is. Its a world without Aerith, presumably..Aerith is dead. The plot ghosts/whispers were making sure Shinra kept her alive, but with them gone, things progressed for her as a heroine without plot armor and she died.

Now..what does this do for Cid? Shinra's idea of space travel obviously had to do with a new energy source to procure instead of Mako. Aerith being dead means that the priority of this space venture goes up leaps and bounds because she can no longer lead them to the promised land. What does this do? This gives Shinra a reason to invite Cid to midgar and bump development of space travel to their number one priority. This does two things--One bumps up Palmer's importance.. (LOL) and it puts Cid into proximity with Zack allowing for a possible team up. Also Tseng who at least cares about his allies gets fed up with Shinra and while being loyal to the company was not willing to blur the lines enough to kill Aerith who has a special meaning to him. He is bewildered by the fact Zack survives and teams up with him and due to his experience and connections as a turk we then find out he knows Vincent.

While this seems like a stretch, Tseng's old boss the original leader of the turks was Vincent's partner. It was also stated in the ultimania that Tseng survives Sephiroth in the temple of the ancients due to the "full-cure" materia Veld gave him, implying they had a close relationship. Since Veld met Vincent in the Nibelheim Mansion AFTER Hojo's experimentation, its very much possible he gave Tseng a way to contact him in case of emergencies.

Now we have a team of Zack, Vincent and Cid (with Tseng as an ally or guest). We then still have Sephiroth, an even more epic and significant existence to Zack than Cloud since Zack actually was a comrade of his. Sephiroth appears to let Zack know that he is dead in actual timeline. Only Sephiroth CAN let Zack know, Aerith doesn't exist but it does seem she has a degree of awareness of the separated timelines.

There are some adventures with Zack here, either meeting characters that he knows (Genesis, Kunsel, etc) as well as interacting with a version of Cloud that doesn't awaken get cured from Mako poisoning due to the shock of not seeing Zack die.

Anyway these are some general ideas, but i'm no longer seeing Cloud's party go the distance, it was amazing that Zack was nowhere near them, we will get the whole scene of Kalm from Cloud's perspective--untouched and without Gackt, I meant Genesis. BUT we are probably going to swap between these two timelines, this not only allows for us to use certain party members earlier than part 3, but also gives us a little bit of divergence from the OG events of the main timeline as well.
"I'm alone now, I was alone and will be alone. But i'm not lonely, because I should search for new game to see their red blood today" ~Black tiger

User Info: Guru_Clef

Guru_Clef
1 month ago#2
No

Slykykiske
1 month ago#3
Guru_Clef posted...
No

Don't deny me...embrace me.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/1/7/3/AANIH_AACAdd.jpg
"I'm alone now, I was alone and will be alone. But i'm not lonely, because I should search for new game to see their red blood today" ~Black tiger

User Info: HyperL

HyperL
1 month ago#4
Yeah, no.

The whole main party will still be the whole main party and Zack won't come into contact with them until the final act.
Quality is subjective.

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
1 month ago#5
Non

Slykykiske
1 month ago#6
HyperL posted...
Yeah, no.

The whole main party will still be the whole main party and Zack won't come into contact with them until the final act.

LoL..so while I didn't agree with you at all in my last topic. I GENUINELY hope you're right on this.

But I did have a problem with how late they are going to add other characters if only minor changes are added. An inverse take for Vincent is he no longer being held down by the whispers leaves his Coffin to go take the fight to Shinra and runs into the party that way.

I can only imagine it in certain ways to scale if compared to what they where able to put in the remake (even tho this wasn't the full 5 year development cycle since they took the reigns from cyberconnect and didn't bother doing it themselves from jump).

In remake they have for cities or areas... Sector 7, 2 train stations, sector 5, shinra building, aerith's church, wall market.

In 7, they have Nibelheim, Junon, chocobo ranch (fort condor???), Junon (which is more like 2 cities), Ship and Costa Del Sol. Then if you add Gold Saucer you have to add 3 cities (Corel, Gold Saucer and the gold saucer prison).

How far can they actually get?? Also are they adding open world? Nibelheim functionally was one of the bigger cities in the OG. If they copy the amount of cities they add, we're just getting characters we have now-- Yuffie and Red XIII as playables, we won't get Cait Sith or Cid.

That said we may not see Zack, but if he was so unimportant they would NOT have added yet another ending adding him to it. We would just know its coming, the OG story but when its time to prevent Aerith's dead or prevent the destruction of Midgar he'd come into play.

Anyway.. I just had a thought of the worst possible outcome after this dlc.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 month ago#7
Problem Sly. Your hypothesis about how things could go hinges on the party following the OG plotline. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize there's a good chance things will be different this time.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

Slykykiske
1 month ago#8
Brocknoth posted...
Problem Sly. Your hypothesis about how things could go hinges on the party following the OG plotline. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize there's a good chance things will be different this time.

I mean your right and I mean..no secret, I REALLY just want Vincent in the party for part 2. We at least know that the party is heading to Kalm and trying to brainstorm ways that actually happens. Yuffie could join and probably will in the first 5 minutes of the game. I don't just want him because he's a fan fav, more characters means more variety in the combat and gameplay.

That said-- I am halfway expecting characters that would've never joined in the original to join this time around. So maybe not really a big deal if Vincent/Cait/Cid don't join or don't meet up with Cloud.

I just don't know what loops they could throw us for..its hinted something bads going to happen due to Aerith's stomach being in knots but the whispers should be done right? What bad guys can we encounter outside of Shinra? Is Sephiroth going to follow the same path here? Are we going to have new towns this time around? (I believe the same it would be).

Imo the turks are probably..LESS of a threat. They were always professional about the way they handled business, but before crisis writes them to be loyal to Rufus--not Shinra (since he spared the before crisis turks/cissnei/Veld by faking their deaths). Now with Rufus knowing something beyond his control is up (the whispers surrounding the whole Shinra building with only him able to see them) and Rude and Reno's increased guilt due to Rude having to be the one to drop the plate this time and Reno now losing to Cloud and friends twice and technically being spared by them--they may join or help out indirectly.

The hunt for Cloud, Sephiroth and Aerith on the Shinra side of things may have changed. For the definitive antagonists, you really just have Scarlet, Heideigger and Hojo. I think Rufus is going to hit his advent children/dirge anti hero streak earlier this time around. His whole speech at the shinra building changed and his entrance changed as well due to Wedge calling Avalanche. Maybe Rosche for some comedic boss fights. I'm guessing Hojo is probably going to be running the show on the villain side of things..thinking of it that way, if Rufus changes his motivations and ups his game, he may send Reeve/Cait Sith in as a spy early due to the change of plans and the increased threat of whispers.

Looking at it that way..maybe only Cid is going to be late to the party.

User Info: KialGreenwood

KialGreenwood
1 month ago#9
I wouldn’t be surprised if Zack had his own mini episode similar to Yuffie where he eventually ends up learning of the existence of our main party via some trans dimensional plot device. I think part 2 will still follow cloud and the others and will probably end in Nibelheim or just after getting the tiny bronco

User Info: EAims

EAims
1 month ago#10
I still like the idea of starting with the nibelheim flashback and ending in current nibelheim.

Might not be feasible but it's really gonna depend on what SE "adds" to the main storyline.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So.. i'm now thinking.. (major spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A