• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Who is the true heroine of FFVII?

User Info: Erst09

Erst09
2 weeks ago#1
Who is FFVII heroine?

For me both.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 weeks ago#2
Tifa. Aerith is more McGuffin than she is character.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Major_Zato

Major_Zato
2 weeks ago#3
I'd say both, in their own ways. Aerith gets half-credit for saving the planet; Tifa saves the guy who does the other half. Without both, the planet dies.
And this above all: To thine own self be true...
Old genres never die, they just grow more refined with age.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 weeks ago#4
What have you done?
(message deleted)

User Info: mad_hax_man

mad_hax_man
2 weeks ago#6
Their both are kind of presented as deuteragonist by the game, but I feel Aerith takes the edge.

Tifas importance is largely just relegated to Clouds personal story, where as Aerith, while still playing an important role in Clouds story, also has a bigger role in the broader stories like the Sephiroth and Shinra stories as well as having greater thematic relevancy. Like if you think Cloud arc is so much more significant than the other plot lines I can see an argument for Tifa, but as I don't Aerith gets my vote
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
2 weeks ago#7
Mako junkies

User Info: Major_Zato

Major_Zato
2 weeks ago#8
mad_hax_man posted...
Their both are kind of presented as deuteragonist by the game, but I feel Aerith takes the edge.

Tifas importance is largely just relegated to Clouds personal story, where as Aerith, while still playing an important role in Clouds story, also has a bigger role in the broader stories like the Sephiroth and Shinra stories as well as having greater thematic relevancy. Like if you think Cloud arc is so much more significant than the other plot lines I can see an argument for Tifa, but as I don't Aerith gets my vote
The thing with Aerith is, she pretty much disappears from the plot after her death, not being even mentioned much again until very late. Even before that, between Midgar and the immediate lead-up to the Temple of the Ancients, she doesn't have anything specific of note. Tifa at least is extremely relevant in the flashback to Nibelheim's destruction and--if you bring her, at least--has a significant tie to your visit to the rebuilt town. Aerith... has a bit of extra interaction if she's along for the run-in with the Turks in the Mythril Mines, and that's pretty much it until the second visit to the Gold Saucer.
And this above all: To thine own self be true...
Old genres never die, they just grow more refined with age.

User Info: tsunaxsawada10

tsunaxsawada10
1 week ago#9
They are both equally important. Like how both Kain and Rosa (even if she is a one dimensional) is equally important to FFIV. Same with Celes and Locke. Aerith and Tifa have both very important roles in the game.
FFVI>FFVII>FFX

User Info: Johnalove

Johnalove
1 week ago#10
mad_hax_man posted...

''Everyone is capable of changing themselves, your imagination is your only limit''
FFVIIR > FFVII > FFXV:RE = FFXII:TZA > FFX > FFIX > FFVIII
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Who is the true heroine of FFVII?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A