• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Bustersword43

Bustersword43
6 days ago#1
I disliked the Remake (hated the story changes, but my other gripes are just plain dislikes). Loved the combat, most of the graphics were great, 85% of the VA was good imo (Seph and the anime grunting sucked though), definitely had some nostalgia beats.

This is going to come off as a bait topic, but I can assure you, not my intent. If you enjoyed the game great. If you hated it, that’s okay too. Let’s keep the discussion civil (and for gods sake intelligent). But anyways:

What is too much story-wise? What would it take from Square Enix, if you liked part 1, to say “O f*** them, no they didn’t!” What changes/alterations/out of left field bats*** insanity would make you change your stance on the project or Square itself?
I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me.

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
6 days ago#2
You know who not dying. Sephiroth “winning” but Cloud travels back in time and fixes it. Overly confusing alternate realities that do nothing but provide cop outs and Deus Ex Machina.

8 games on 5 different machines would also suck.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
6 days ago#3
I wouldn’t like Part 2 onwards if they went totally offrail off of the OG. I still want it to be FF7.

Part 1 was very similar to the OG and in the end, I know we defeated Fate but that doesn’t mean everything should change.

We should still recruit Cid, visit Bugenhagen and Nibelheim. I wanna see Junon. Now I expect there will be much things that will be changed and honestly, I’m fine with that.

I just want to same grand story bits and characters overall.

Things I’m fine with:
  • Saving Aerith
  • Interacting with Zack
  • Not visiting the Golden Saucer
  • Change locations of certain scenes
  • More involvement with Sephiroth and Rufus
Things I’m not fine with:
  • Sephiroth being a good guy
  • Sephiroth not invoking Meteor
  • Killing other characters instead of Aerith for shock factor
  • Grand story totally changing
These could vary depending on how well they are done. Going in open minded like Part 1.
#RestoreTheSnyderverse
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#4
Off the top of my head, Aerith surviving. Worse, Zack.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter
6 days ago#5
Zack not dying and Sephiroth not being the antagonist. Also a lame "kakkoi" storyline that allows itself to be complicated without taking the time to be complex and too much use of time travel. Aside from that I don't think I would mind anything. But I guess that's mostly everything part one made me wary of.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: tanjacob715

tanjacob715
6 days ago#6
Bustersword43 posted...
What is too much story-wise? What would it take from Square Enix, if you liked part 1, to say “O f*** them, no they didn’t!” What changes/alterations/out of left field bats*** insanity would make you change your stance on the project or Square itself?
It is not easy to answer this question, because I believe answers given before and answers given after the release of FF7R would be different. The changes to FF7R would "push back" tolerance limits and some changes that were previously deemed unacceptable would become okay as players adjust themselves to them.

For the writing, I am actually open to some of the things that posters above me have said they would not be fine with. Rather, I am more concerned with how changes are made. Things I want to see include: consistent pacing, proper build-up, meaningful character development, a considerable degree of verisimilitude, and (very) sparing use of tropes and devices such as time travel, parallel universes, and deus ex machinas.
Whatever.

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
6 days ago#7
Very good post, tanja.
#RestoreTheSnyderverse

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
6 days ago#8
uhhh.....not much for me tbh. ill be fine with anything as long as they dont turn sephiroth into what they turned zehanort into, meaning truly evil dude into a well intentioned extremist.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: ZozmaSage

ZozmaSage
6 days ago#9
Bustersword43 posted...

They've already reached that point for me. I don't have any faith in the project going forward and am very likely not going to get Part 2. The only thing I feel I'll miss out on is the combat, which I enjoyed quite a bit.

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
6 days ago#10
For me it's a horseshoe.

If they keep it exactly the same but fleshed out I'd enjoy that.

If they just keep it basically the same but save Aeris it'll be a lame ass cop out that I'd hate.

If they go f***in' bonkers with it I'll be on board for the madness (I'm down for the Aeris new big bad twist I posted in another thread a while back) and dismiss the concept of it being a remake happily.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A