• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
1 week ago#1
Pick the one you like more - Results (297 votes)
Vaan
27.61% (82 votes)
Lightning
72.39% (215 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
IP locked, still don't trust it tho. The comment winner is the real one.
I have no control of the events of the universe. I only control which timeline I see.

User Info: SOLDIER_Bankai

SOLDIER_Bankai
1 week ago#2
Ooh, toughie, both vastly over-hated. I do really like Vaan, but Lightning is just cooler, even with her dumb LR outfit.

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega
1 week ago#3
Hmm, my two most disliked FF MCs. I give it to Vaan. But, I only made it about halfway into XIII, so idk if Lightning would become likeable to me. I'm guessing her personality changes throughout the game. If not, Vaan for certain.
3DS FC: 1865-2265-6694
SW FC: 2978-5294-7974 IGN: Coma

User Info: Zennou

Zennou
1 week ago#4
Lightning even if I hate that the datalog gives the bulk of the interesting info. And she's a significantly stronger character in general in XIII and LR.

Vaan on the other hand, just remove him from the game. Nothing changes. Completely pointless character that exists because of corporate bulls***. If we absolutely can't ever be allowed to have the real MCs (Ashe, Basche, and Balthier) be our primary perspective characters, even Rex would've been better.
We leap from dream to dream, and today we dream anew.

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 week ago#5
The fiction that if you remove Vaan from the game the story would be the same is one of the most repeated stupid comments from the Final Fantasy fanbase.

I like Vaan. He is a very involved party member, but even that would be hard to compare with lightning, that is in three non compilation Final Fantasy games (I think, I haven't played them yet).

Sill, I don't see the point of comparing the protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII with a party member of Final Fantasy XII. Might as well make a thread poll about Steiner vs Cloud.
VS}FFT}FF IX=DA:O}FF V=CC=PE2}FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE}Crysis II}FF III}FF VII}Crysis I}SCII}ME:A}SC}FF X=FF IV}FF VI}FFX-2TLM}FFX-2
---------------------------
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
1 week ago#6
Vaan,

Lightning remains unrelatable, uninteresting and unlikable.
You have entered POWER DRIVE!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Velvet__Crowe

Velvet__Crowe
1 week ago#7
Lightning. I don’t like either character, but at least Lightning has some cool moments. Vaan’s a little b**** that isn’t even the protag of his own game.
"I'd thank the gods, but you seem to be taking them out at an alarming rate." - Hargan, Sarn Encampment

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
1 week ago#8
Vaan. Lightning was a badly written character.

User Info: ZozmaSage

ZozmaSage
1 week ago#9
Lightning's bad, but Vaan is just dreadful.
(message deleted)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A