• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. How is FF XV compared to this remake?

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 weeks ago#1
I'm not a FF fan or an RPG fan but I fell in love with this remake. Should I try XV? How is the combat in that one compared to this one? Or some of the other aspects like the characters or music? I know that game is not as good as this remake but still. I wasn't a fan of XIII-2 and Lightning returns, by the way. I only played them for Lightning.
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: ResidentGear31

ResidentGear31
3 weeks ago#2
Its terrible.

User Info: kessiere

kessiere
3 weeks ago#3
If you want to try it make sure to buy the royal edition. It's at least better than the base game.FFXV is not as bad as many says (like you can have fun with it), it his however terribly dissapointing considering the untaped potential that sometimes shinethrough.

If you want it in score format : for me FF7R is between a 9 and a 10. FFXV is at most a 7.

lightningxiii-2
3 weeks ago#4
Oh, that's not good!

User Info: OldKye

OldKye
3 weeks ago#5
Combat is closer to this with the FF13 stagger system again but there is a lot of warping around and holding a button to dodge.

Summons are harder to do but bigger and more devastating, giant open world with lots of hunts and fetch quests.

Overall it's a very slow paced laid back story about friends on a roadtrip who kind of get forced to save the world in the end.

*Light beginning spoilers, or movie spoilers if you watch that first*
Noctis's father is assassinated and as the king he protects the city with a barrier, this results in the entire country becoming occupied and Noctis goes on a quest to get the power of the ancient kings to take back his homeland, deeper plots ensue.

There is a distance romance in the form of an arranged marriage, and lots of sacrifice, but most of the game Noctis is somewhat in the dark and so are you, hanging with your boyband of friends is actually kind of enjoyable if you like the characters, then it goes from 0-100 really quick as you approach the end.

I'd call it like an 8/10 game with patches and updates if you can get past the somewhat empty world you drive around in.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."

lightningxiii-2
3 weeks ago#6
OldKye posted...
giant open world with lots of hunts and fetch quests.

Oh, I don't think I have the patience for that. But I have nothing better to do right now since it seems the game I wanted to play is delayed.

OldKye posted...
if you can get past the somewhat empty world you drive around in.

It has a lot of driving, it seems.

And thanks for the explanations.

lightningxiii-2
3 weeks ago#7
It seems the game has received very good review scores and many nominations and awards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV#Reception

User Info: PitchBlackFox

PitchBlackFox
3 weeks ago#8
do you enjoy waiting for the ai to drive you places and less story in the entire game than midgar in og ff7.

if you really want to play it watch the kings glaive cgi movie first and skip the anime. that way you'll have some idea of whats happening at the start of the game, not much but better than nothing

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
3 weeks ago#9
lightningxiii-2 posted...
It seems the game has received very good review scores and many nominations and awards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV#Reception

Game Informer's 2017 RPG of the Year Awards awarded the game for "Best Post-Launch Support"

Winning them big awards.

User Info: Miqote

Miqote
3 weeks ago#10
It isn't anywhere near as good. It's more open world. It's decent on a typical video game standard but VIIR is a far more polished game.

Heck would you should do is actually go back and play the original VII to see the whole story.
Metroid Prime is a near flawless video game.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. How is FF XV compared to this remake?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A