• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I......I'm so confused!!(end spoilers)

User Info: Litane

Litane
4 weeks ago#21
VayneSolo posted...
Where did Square Enix confirm such a thing?
In the Ultimania. It's not like people hadn't called it well before then though. One of the attacks that they use is the name of one of the remnants unique weapons so it's not like they didn't at least hint at it pretty strongly.
I have somewhere to be but I don't want to go there.

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
4 weeks ago#22
Litane posted...
In the Ultimania. It's not like people hadn't called it well before then though. One of the attacks that they use is the name of one of the remnants unique weapons so it's not like they didn't at least hint at it pretty strongly.
What I've seen from the Ultimania does not confirm the whispers are Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo. Still just a theory from what I could gather. It wouldn't even make sense if you think about it. It'd make sephiroth the protector of fate and sephiroth wanted to destroy fate.

User Info: Itazura13

Itazura13
4 weeks ago#23
VayneSolo posted...
The game confirms the three whispers are kadaj, loz and Yazoo? What?

See here the part where i edited with my godly photoshop skillz

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/6/5/7/AALcWWAAAq4p.jpg

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Velvet_Nightmare

Velvet Nightmare = ベルベット・ナイトメア

Yeah, most EN version player would miss it since it was loosely translated, like MOST of the main party skill names.

VayneSolo posted...
What I've seen from the Ultimania does not confirm the whispers are Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo. Still just a theory from what I could gather. It wouldn't even make sense if you think about it. It'd make sephiroth the protector of fate and sephiroth wanted to destroy fate.

That thinking is what doesn't make sense. Sephiroth knows really well the remnants never had a chance, they have tried and failed, and they will fail again.

User Info: kessiere

kessiere
4 weeks ago#24
VayneSolo posted...
It would totally make sense. Sephiroth doesn't want AC to happen. If AC doesn't happen the trio doesn't exist. Why wouldn't they want to intervene (especiall since they are basically forgiven by Aerith and join the lifestream at the end of the movie).

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
4 weeks ago#25
Litane posted...
Kind of. Did you notice how Cloud has flashes of Aerith's death, and at the end the whole party sees Meteor and Red XIII and his cubs 500 years later? The events of FFVII have sort of already happened at this point. Sephiroth has travelled back from Advent Children via the Lifestream to try and get his own way and it's like he's reset the timeline or something. The ghost dudes that mess around with everyone are the Planet trying to keep things the same as before.

Also there's more than one Sephiroth now.

So what evidence is their for more than one Sephiroth? @Litane
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

Itazura13
4 weeks ago#26
spikethedevil posted...
So what evidence is their for more than one Sephiroth? @Litane

well i'm not Litane but if you played the Japanese version, it is VERY clear that the Sephiroth in Chapter 18 (and Chapter 18 only) is different than the one controlling the clones in Chapter 2 to 17, Aerith even confirmed so. Unfortunately this is lost in the translation to English... i could give you literal translations if you need but that's basically it.

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
4 weeks ago#27
Fair enough.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: Alarei

Alarei
4 weeks ago#28
I swear I read an Ultimania translation that said there was a version of Sephiroth we've never seen before in the game. He asks Cloud to join him and doesn't seem to want to fight, that doesn't sound like him, does it?
Nier Automata is GOTY.

Itazura13
4 weeks ago#29
Alarei posted...
I swear I read an Ultimania translation that said there was a version of Sephiroth we've never seen before in the game. He asks Cloud to join him and doesn't seem to want to fight, that doesn't sound like him, does it?

I don't quite get what you were asking, but I haven't checked Ultimania that much. Sorry English is not my native language..

User Info: kessiere

kessiere
4 weeks ago#30
Basically the 4 Sephiroth as stated in Ultimania :

• Memories from Cloud
  • Cloud hallucination
  • Jenova controlling a clone
  • ???? (the one in chapter 18)
It doesn't mean there are 4 of him walking around, at most they're are two : the one in the crater like in the OG and the in Chapter 18 (and we don't know if he is "real" right now, since Cloud actually talks/battles with him in his own mind like at the end of OG).
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I......I'm so confused!!(end spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A