• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I......I'm so confused!!(end spoilers)

User Info: awsomemanspiff

awsomemanspiff
4 weeks ago#1
Zack.....IS ALIVE!?!? And there are two buster swords!??

WHAT!?

edit: okay posted just a few seconds early before I saw them “walk by each other” which I still don’t understand? Cause if I remember correctly! Zack dies in that final battle!
Joshua 1:9 - Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified do not be discouraged for the lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

User Info: Litane

Litane
4 weeks ago#2
Alternate timeline.
I have somewhere to be but I don't want to go there.

User Info: Monadobuster

Monadobuster
4 weeks ago#3
That’s an alternate timeline. At least that’s what we assume. The only evidence for that is that a flyer with Stamp flies by but it isn’t the same breed as our timeline’s Stamp. What they’ll do with that? Idk. It’ll probably be a side-scenario at some point.
Future Smash Ultimate DLC Wants: Sora, Lloyd
FFBE ID: 306, 371, 187 Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

awsomemanspiff
4 weeks ago#4
Litane posted...
Alternate timeline.

as in this entire game is a alt time? Or that that was just showing for some reason a alt time where zack survived??
Joshua 1:9 - Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified do not be discouraged for the lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

User Info: Monadobuster

Monadobuster
4 weeks ago#5
awsomemanspiff posted...
as in this entire game is a alt time? Or that that was just showing for some reason a alt time where zack survived??

I posted in case you missed it
Future Smash Ultimate DLC Wants: Sora, Lloyd
FFBE ID: 306, 371, 187 Currently Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

awsomemanspiff
4 weeks ago#6
Monadobuster posted...
I posted in case you missed it

yeah just read that! But yeah super confused still! Cause everything seemed to be happening along side each other as in what we were doing in our timeline was affecting the other!

but also super glad cause I love zack and after crisis core my heart was just shattered with how they did that final battle!

User Info: Litane

Litane
4 weeks ago#7
awsomemanspiff posted...
Kind of. Did you notice how Cloud has flashes of Aerith's death, and at the end the whole party sees Meteor and Red XIII and his cubs 500 years later? The events of FFVII have sort of already happened at this point. Sephiroth has travelled back from Advent Children via the Lifestream to try and get his own way and it's like he's reset the timeline or something. The ghost dudes that mess around with everyone are the Planet trying to keep things the same as before.

Also there's more than one Sephiroth now.
I have somewhere to be but I don't want to go there.

awsomemanspiff
4 weeks ago#8
Litane posted...
Kind of. Did you notice how Cloud has flashes of Aerith's death, and at the end the whole party sees Meteor and Red XIII and his cubs 500 years later? The events of FFVII have sort of already happened at this point. Sephiroth has travelled back from Advent Children via the Lifestream to try and get his own way and it's like he's reset the timeline or something. The ghost dudes that mess around with everyone are the Planet trying to keep things the same as before.

Also there's more than one Sephiroth now.

not saying you’re wrong.....but how the heck did you come up with that!? I don’t remember that being mentioned at all in the game!? Like even the slightest hint?!

User Info: kessiere

kessiere
4 weeks ago#9
We don't know if ther's time-travel involved but the fact that FF7R is both a remake and a sequel is heavily hinted throughout the game. Time for you hard mode run ;)

User Info: OldKye

OldKye
4 weeks ago#10
awsomemanspiff posted...
not saying you’re wrong.....but how the heck did you come up with that!? I don’t remember that being mentioned at all in the game!? Like even the slightest hint?!
We've been discussing this and translating developers interviews for months now.

Stamp is also a representation of Zack as his nickname was the Shinra Puppy and it's a soldier puppy that is shown doing thing's Zack did, being called Stamp also triggers Clouds like Zack's name does.

So the assumed reason the Stamp in Zack's timeline is different is because he lived, the developers even commented this will be a big deal going forward, and you see the party walk right through Zack and other Cloud like they were ghosts.

We'll likely find out for sure in the next parts, but I think it may be a setup for getting to play around as Zack a little, or tie up some loose ends with his story arc, might even have to sacrifice himself to set the timeline straight.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I......I'm so confused!!(end spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A