• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ExperiencePoint

ExperiencePoint
4 weeks ago#11
Japanese games are not half finished products that needs to be fixed for years to come to be playable.

User Info: ArcaneSpiezer

ArcaneSpiezer
4 weeks ago#12
ExperiencePoint posted...
Japanese games are not half finished products that needs to be fixed for years to come to be playable.

You never played FFXV?

ExperiencePoint
4 weeks ago#13
ArcaneSpiezer posted...
You never played FFXV?

I played it and platinum it at launch and it was perfectly playable, I didn't encounter any bugs, glitches or frame rate problems.

User Info: ArcaneSpiezer

ArcaneSpiezer
4 weeks ago#14
I played it and platinum it at launch and it was perfectly playable, I didn't encounter any bugs, glitches or frame rate problems.

Patches arent always for bugs, glitches, and framerate issues.
Needless to say, XV at launch was hardly a "finished product".

User Info: ZozmaSage

ZozmaSage
4 weeks ago#15
To its credit, FF7R is a remarkably consistent and bug-free game.

User Info: marko7

marko7
4 weeks ago#16
That's the biggest lie I've ever heard around here.
Made you look

User Info: vivi21

vivi21
4 weeks ago#17
Every offline console game before the PS3.
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.

ExperiencePoint
4 weeks ago#18
marko7 posted...
That's the biggest lie I've ever heard around here.
Not a lie just posting my experience, I know some people probably experience some issues but I did not and I played game for like 80 hours at launch with only day one patch. In general from my experiences I find japanese games to be much more stable especially at launch than western games. I play almost all big Square games this generation at launch and didn have any problems in any except textures issues in VII Remake that is only bug I encountered in all Square's big RPGs this generation. Mean while I had countless problems in pretty much any big WRPG even with numerous patches in complete/definitive editions. Just in Witcher 3 I remember getting stuck in environments, invisible walls just pooping out of no where etc. In Skyrim at launch I remember I couldnt even get into Winterhold that mage school because of some stupid bug and I was going for mage build. I got so pissed by it that I didnt play it for months after it.

User Info: Honey76

Honey76
4 weeks ago#19

yeah, people like to make this claim but a number of JRPGs have game-breaking glitches. Pandora’s tower comes to mind as I encountered the bug that makes the game lock up at the loading screen.

User Info: Honey76

Honey76
4 weeks ago#20
Not a lie just posting my experience, I know some people probably experience some issues but I did not and I played game for like 80 hours at launch with only day one patch. In general from my experiences I find japanese games to be much more stable especially at launch than western games. I play almost all big Square games this generation at launch and didn have any problems in any except textures issues in VII Remake that is only bug I encountered in all Square's big RPGs this generation. Mean while I had countless problems in pretty much any big WRPG even with numerous patches in complete/definitive editions. Just in Witcher 3 I remember getting stuck in environments, invisible walls just pooping out of no where etc. In Skyrim at launch I remember I couldnt even get into Winterhold that mage school because of some stupid bug and I was going for mage build. I got so pissed by it that I didnt play it for months after it.

XV’s day-1 patch was freaking enormous. It’s no wonder it fixed a lot of issues. I wonder how it plays without that extra 15gb or whatever it is of patch material
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A