• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What would you want of this remake 2: Final Fantasy VIII

User Info: chicksan

chicksan
4 weeks ago#1
So, the developers showed interest in remaking VI and other remakes if VII remake is successful. It was so it's fair expecting more remakes in the distant fjture. What would be your ideal VIII remake?

Topic about Final Fantasy VI remake here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168653-final-fantasy-vii-remake/78515677?page=1
Hello, I love you

User Info: OldKye

OldKye
4 weeks ago#2
I'd prefer an FF6 remake first but with FF8 I kind of want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes because that plot line is way crazier then whispers and takes a textbook to understand anyway you almost can't hurt it.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."

User Info: AndoYzerman

AndoYzerman
4 weeks ago#3
A remake of VIII would be great, only if they totally dumped the GF ability learning and junction systems. Neither had more than tenuous influences on the story.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#4
Improve story.
Vastly improve characters.
Add more weapons.
Do not touch gameplay mechanics.
VS>FFT>FF IX=DA:O>FF V=CC=PE2>FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE>Crysis II>FF III>FF VII>Crysis I>SCII>ME:A>SC>FF X=FF IV>FF VI
---

User Info: Icecl_Keyheart

Icecl_Keyheart
4 weeks ago#5
only of they are actual remakes and not a re:make like 7 here

User Info: NashLatkje1

NashLatkje1
4 weeks ago#6
I really don't want square doing any remakes of FF anymore. They suck now. I wish someone else could do it like the folks that make Xenoblade. I know that's impossible so lets just move forward and hope Square can recapture some magic.

User Info: AndoYzerman

AndoYzerman
4 weeks ago#7
You don't think VIIR has any magic?

OldKye
4 weeks ago#8
NashLatkje1 posted...
like the folks that make Xenoblade.
So they can fill it with Waifu Lootboxes that take hundreds of hours to get lol?

Lost all faith with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, let's see if they can do another X game and maybe.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
4 weeks ago#9
OldKye posted...
So they can fill it with Waifu Lootboxes that take hundreds of hours to get lol?

Lost all faith with Xenoblade Chronicles 2, let's see if they can do another X game and maybe.
Even if a company has some bad practices, most of them wouldn't be able to completely f*** up a remake. That's what makes SE special.

OldKye
4 weeks ago#10
Evan_Forever posted...
Even if a company has some bad practices, most of them wouldn't be able to completely f*** up a remake. That's what makes SE special.
I think you have too much faith lol, shall we get EA, or Blizzard to do it.

I want to see if someone can take the Original, make it look worse, break it, and fill it with microtransactions.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What would you want of this remake 2: Final Fantasy VIII
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A