• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Anyone here played Crystal Chronicles?

User Info: RonBurgundy1970

RonBurgundy1970
2 weeks ago#1
I see there’s a remake/port (not sure which it is) of it to current gen soon.
Has anyone here played it was it any good?
I'm the sheriff of theses here parts!!

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
2 weeks ago#2
It was a'ight, great visuals and music, but it had major accessibility issues and the gameplay loop doesn't stay fresh very long.

Still, the Remaster of it with online co-op is very much on my radar.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH

User Info: Concession

Concession
2 weeks ago#3
Played the original.

Pretty decent coop game. Would not recommend solo.
Laugh and grow fat

User Info: trimmzy

trimmzy
2 weeks ago#4
There’s no couch co op so not buying it unfortunately.
I liked it but I was young when I played it so dont know how well it holds up. None of the sequels were very good though.

I remember it being very co-op focused but at the same time it was more fun to play alone because then a moogle carries your chalice for you.

It had some cool gear progression / crafting / skill building iirc.
Currently playing: Kiseki series

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
2 weeks ago#6
I played it years ago. I started it in high school and then finally got around to finishing it in my early 20s. I really enjoyed it as a co-op game.

That said, it's very heavily focused on multiplayer. It is not an easy game to play solo. Additionally, it loses some of its nature when played solo, as it's not exactly a super strong story or in-depth combat system or anything.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: E_S_M_Z

E_S_M_Z
2 weeks ago#7
I played the original with my best friend way back in high school. The difficult accessibility and extreme co-op make it a really cool, unique game-with-friends experience that covered up the fact it really wasn't great.
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come

User Info: ZozmaSage

ZozmaSage
2 weeks ago#8
CC was an accessibility disaster. The game required two GBAs and adapter cables minimum to play multiplayer, iirc, and four of each to play the experience as intended. For no reason, mind. It felt like a vehicle to sell accessories.

It was a neat experience at the time in that it was one of the earliest ways to experience a FF world with iconic monsters in a real time environment. That's hardly unique these days, though.

User Info: trimmzy

trimmzy
2 weeks ago#9
ZozmaSage posted...
CC was an accessibility disaster. The game required two GBAs and adapter cables minimum to play multiplayer, iirc, and four of each to play the experience as intended. For no reason, mind. It felt like a vehicle to sell accessories.

It was a neat experience at the time in that it was one of the earliest ways to experience a FF world with iconic monsters in a real time environment. That's hardly unique these days, though.

and that’s my major issue with no couch co op. Basically you all need your own system and game to play... that’s such garbage. Same idea as the original, let’s see how much extra s*** we can sell. It is a good game too, but like imagine diablo without couch co op. It would be Mental. Not that I’d fault anyone for buying it to play online if they have other friends who will guaranteed buy it but in 2020 I can’t support this rerelease.

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
2 weeks ago#10
trimmzy posted...
and that’s my major issue with no couch co op. Basically you all need your own system and game to play
TBF, the CC Remaster has a free version that gives you access to 3 dungeons, and if you co-op online with someone who has the full version, you can do up to 13 dungeons with them, all without spending a penny (except on the Switch itself, I suppose).
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Anyone here played Crystal Chronicles?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A