• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I think they made the plot change because of gameplay reason*spoilers*s

User Info: MySnakesSolid

MySnakesSolid
1 week ago#11
ShinWesker posted...
Its the whispers... The whispers made me. Just like Hojo was forced to shut up about the plot twists, I am forced to post instead of shutting up.

Good response to be fair

You need to take on the Harbinger and set yourself free

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
1 week ago#12
thedude3372 posted...
Because no game company has ever lied, distorted, or hid the truth to appease disappointed or worried fans before.

And the reason for the game to exist is fairly simple, SE likes money.
This is such a predictable and lazy response. SE didn't lie about anything for Part 1 so there isn't any precedent for them to lie that Part 2 will mostly follow the same path of OG. Like telling us Part 2 is still going to be the same but then being an entirely different game would be one the biggest lies in gaming, almost nothing comes close. And I don't really see the reason for them to do that either.

For SE to change things so dramatically so as to make the game unrecognizable from OG, they'd have to decide they would be actively antagonizing their fan base just for the sake of it rather than for any artistic merit. Which, again, requires massive amounts of delusion and groupthink to even get to the point where one might think this is a rational and logical line of thought.

TL;DR Calm your asses down you f***ing tin foil hat nut cases.
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 week ago#13
innercredible posted...

If Part 2 is totally different even though SE has already stated it won't be, what exactly is the reason for it to exist? What is the motivation for anyone to buy a game marketed as a remake if it isn't actually a remake?

It just doesn't make sense and makes you come off as incredibly delusional if you aren't a troll.

Who says the second game will be marketed as a remake, though? That might be the reasoning for not having "Part 1" on this first game, because the second one might not be titled "Final Fantasy VII Remake" in any capacity.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 week ago#14
No, they made the plot change because Nojima is a f***ing a******.
https://i.imgur.com/wBkUGqf.png

innercredible
1 week ago#15
WTGHookshot posted...
Who says the second game will be marketed as a remake, though?
...Square-Enix. They've said that.

WTGHookshot
1 week ago#16
innercredible posted...

...Square-Enix. They've said that.

When did they say that? (With regards to the second game.)

They said there won't be many big changes with the next game. They didn't say they are marketing the next game as a remake, though. You just inferred because they said they won't be making big changes that they will be marketing it as a remake.

As far as actual marketing on the next game, there has been none. So, there is no concrete proof that they are marketing the sequel as a remake.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: Xclaim

Xclaim
1 week ago#17
thedude3372 posted...
Because no game company has ever lied, distorted, or hid the truth to appease disappointed or worried fans before.

And the reason for the game to exist is fairly simple, SE likes money.
Well until we know more about the next installment, I'll take the word of the people actually making the game over some paranoid, entitled fanboys on a message board.
2 types of MCU fans: those who believe Phil Coulson is one of the universe's greatest heroes, and those who are ****ing wrong.

innercredible
1 week ago#18
WTGHookshot posted...
When did they say that? (With regards to the second game.)

They said there won't be many big changes with the next game. They didn't say they are marketing the next game as a remake, though. You just inferred because they said they won't be making big changes that they will be marketing it as a remake.

As far as actual marketing on the next game, there has been none. So, there is no concrete proof that they are marketing the sequel as a remake.
How is it not a remake if it follows the plot of the original game...?

These are some next level mental gymnastics

WTGHookshot
1 week ago#19
innercredible posted...

How is it not a remake if it follows the plot of the original game...?

These are some next level mental gymnastics

I never said it wasn't. I said it hasn't yet been marketed as such.

It's like saying "Final Fantasy XV is Final Fantasy Versus XIII," when that is untrue... It was just marketed as such.

innercredible
1 week ago#20
WTGHookshot posted...
I never said it wasn't. I said it hasn't yet been marketed as such.

It's like saying "Final Fantasy XV is Final Fantasy Versus XIII," when that is untrue... It was just marketed as such.
...But it wasn't. Versus XIII was marketed as Versus XIII until it wasn't any more. But that's besides the point, it makes no sense to say Remake isn't being marketed as a remake when it's literally remaking OG and SE has called it a remake.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I think they made the plot change because of gameplay reason*spoilers*s
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A