• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I think they made the plot change because of gameplay reason*spoilers*s

User Info: ShinWesker

ShinWesker
1 week ago#1
They probably noticed they can't remake the whole original game with all the additional stuff they did without cutting stuff or splitting stuff onto 20 games.

So they added the change the future crap to have a reason to change things in Part 2. Like skip certain sections etc.

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
1 week ago#2
What level of delusion are we at where it's reasonable to believe OG VII is long enough to be split into 20 individual full length games, and that Nomura personally decided that plot ghosts were the only efficient and non-controversial way to deal with this very real and not made up problem, and that the plan is to not actually remake FFVII but still call it that anyway
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G
(edited 1 week ago)

ShinWesker
1 week ago#3
innercredible posted...
What level of delusion are we at where it's reasonable to believe OG VII is long enough to be split into 20 individual full length games, and that Nomura personally decided that plot ghosts were the only efficient and non-controversial way to deal with this very real and not made up problem, and that the plan is to not actually remake FFVII but still call it that anyway

We will see if part 2 is totally different then you will know I was right.

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
1 week ago#4
ShinWesker posted...
We will see if part 2 is totally different then you will know I was right.
If Part 2 is totally different even though SE has already stated it won't be, what exactly is the reason for it to exist? What is the motivation for anyone to buy a game marketed as a remake if it isn't actually a remake?

It just doesn't make sense and makes you come off as incredibly delusional if you aren't a troll.
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G

User Info: Kindhousecat

Kindhousecat
1 week ago#5
I don't think it would be 20 games but around 6/7 would be likely. I think the "new direction" the story is heading is to be a way to milk as much money as possible. That's why I'm waiting for a all in one collection now.

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
1 week ago#6
ShinWesker posted...
So they added the change the future crap to have a reason to change things in Part 2. Like skip certain sections etc.

This logic doesnt stand up in my opinion. Its SE's IP, they are not obligated to make an exact 1-1 remake. They did not need to add meta plot ghosts that the player kills just so they can change the story. They can do what they want, and say 'this is not going to be an exact remake, we are adding/removing things'.

The ghosty's presence only makes sense if this is a stealth sequel, and they plan to make drastic changes to the story (and the OG has already happened). The problem is, SE have already said they are not going to make big changes to the story. But then why bother with all the fate nonsense?

User Info: MySnakesSolid

MySnakesSolid
1 week ago#7
"This will be my last post on this board"

*several more posts
*creates new topic

User Info: ZozmaSage

ZozmaSage
1 week ago#8
There were tons of changes made to this game that the plot ghosts had nothing to do with.

You don't need Whispers to change Remakes. If that's all they were for, they could just change things.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: thedude3372

thedude3372
1 week ago#9
innercredible posted...
If Part 2 is totally different even though SE has already stated it won't be, what exactly is the reason for it to exist? What is the motivation for anyone to buy a game marketed as a remake if it isn't actually a remake?

It just doesn't make sense and makes you come off as incredibly delusional if you aren't a troll.

Because no game company has ever lied, distorted, or hid the truth to appease disappointed or worried fans before.

And the reason for the game to exist is fairly simple, SE likes money.
A 7empest must be just that.

ShinWesker
1 week ago#10
MySnakesSolid posted...
"This will be my last post on this board"

*several more posts
*creates new topic

Its the whispers... The whispers made me. Just like Hojo was forced to shut up about the plot twists, I am forced to post instead of shutting up.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I think they made the plot change because of gameplay reason*spoilers*s
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A