• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What did you think of the Whispers? (possible spoilers)

User Info: DenpaKen

DenpaKen
1 week ago#41
Gandalf the Istari posted...
This would literally ruin the entire narrative of the game. Put your dick away and rub your two brain cells together.
VayneSolo made 100x threads about "Why did SE censor Tifa" in which everyone disagreed. He got mad and now pretending he always dislikes the character.
Dude is just trolling.

Btw Vayne Solidor did everything wrong.
WTGHookshot posted...
How do you make a new game while including the same characters, the same world, a large part of the same narrative, etc.? If I want to write a story about Jon Snow, the Starks, the Targaryens, the Lannisters, the Others, and other characters from Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire set in Westeros and Essos, that follows many of the same story points but deviates at times (some small, some large)... How can I do that as a new book series/TV series? Can you explain that one to me?
Oh oh I know. You have to incorporate new elements

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 week ago#43
NeoFireMage777 posted...

Oh oh I know. You have to incorporate new elements

Such as?

And mind you, you said "incorporate new elements," not "replace old elements." So, for instance, you can't make it a sequel to Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, because it still needs the major plot points of the original, not completely new plot points. It still has to include all those older elements.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 week ago#44
BlazingRain posted...

No it would ruin it as the death then loses all thematic relevance.

I'm sorry, but "ruin" is in the eye of the beholder. As for the thematic relevance, the themes can be changed as well.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

User Info: ZozmaSage

ZozmaSage
1 week ago#45
WTGHookshot posted...
I'm sorry, but "ruin" is in the eye of the beholder. As for the thematic relevance, the themes can be changed as well.

There's no charitable way to look at using a plot device to bring back every dead character or rewrite history to ensure they never die in the first place. Writing of that low caliber isn't just juvenile, it's deeply disturbed. I get that the character means a lot to a lot of people and that's great, but none of you should be begging to be infantalized.
ZozmaSage posted...
There's no charitable way to look at using a plot device to bring back every dead character or rewrite history to ensure they never die in the first place. Writing of that low caliber isn't just juvenile, it's deeply disturbed. I get that the character means a lot to a lot of people and that's great, but none of you should be begging to be infantalized.

Are you claiming to know where the story is going?

User Info: ZozmaSage

ZozmaSage
1 week ago#47

I block your alts on sight, FlamePrince.
ZozmaSage posted...
I block your alts on sight, FlamePrince.

Not an answer to my question.
NeoFireMage777 posted...

WTGHookshot posted...
How do you make a new game while including the same characters, the same world, a large part of the same narrative, etc.? If I want to write a story about Jon Snow, the Starks, the Targaryens, the Lannisters, the Others, and other characters from Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire set in Westeros and Essos, that follows many of the same story points but deviates at times (some small, some large)... How can I do that as a new book series/TV series? Can you explain that one to me?

You make new characters who don't already have a super popular story that feature them. You're essentially asking "Why can't we be lazy and coast off the love of fans for this property while we basically shove our hand up the dead asses of these beloved characters and move them around like puppets in some kind of f***ed up show?"

The answer should be obvious to you. Why are you people so intent on destroying what a lot of people care a lot about? Don't make a remake if you're not going to actually remake the game. Spend all that time and effort creating something new.

WTGHookshot posted...
You mean "change" the entire narrative of the game. There's no way to know it would be ruined until it actually happened and we saw where things went compared to normal.

It would no longer be FF7. Period. The end. Dead ass. Cut the cameras.

Gradieus posted...
They fought for the chance to keep her alive. We already talked to post-OG Aerith during her Chapter 14 resolution scene. She told us herself she's fine with the decisions she made in the OG, but that if we're adamant about saving her then she won't stop us.

I'm at peace whether she lives or dies because they gave us the chance to do it differently, which is all I ever wanted.

I can't think of a single thing they could do that would make me HATE SE WITH THE FIRE OF 10000 SUNS more tbh. And honestly if it were to happen I would never buy anything from SE ever again even from other series that have been putting out great games lately. It would be unforgivable. But that's fine.. I know a lot of you get a thrill out of just desecrating anything people like as long as its changed to fit your preferences. Like this psychopath with a boner for Tifa they wont shut up about.
Currently playing: Kiseki series
(edited 1 week ago)
It was clever of them to canonize the original while telling a new story but man the execution was silly...
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What did you think of the Whispers? (possible spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A