• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What did you think of the Whispers? (possible spoilers)

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
1 week ago#31
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Yes we get that youre some kind of waifu degenerate that doesn't give a s*** about FF7.
Actually, I do. Over 20 year waiting for the chance to see Aerith survive. But it isn't my favorite FF. If Aerith survives and hooks up with Cloud, it might be. But she might end up with Zack again, it seems. 😂

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
1 week ago#32
TrueGB posted...
Did he suggest them? Someone posted an interview recently that suggests it was actually Kitase's idea.
Either Nomura or Nojima.

They don’t fit Kitase’s style at all and Kitase was not responsible for plot (Nojima and Nomura were, with Toriyama editing the script and directing cutscenes) so there’s no reason to believe he was responsible for them. But if he did he should also be punished lol.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah

User Info: WTGHookshot

WTGHookshot
1 week ago#33
I liked them. As someone who has played the original countless times, they added an element of mystery in that I had no idea what they were, which intrigued me. And as I learned their purpose, I also liked them considering what it could mean for changing of things happening in future parts.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

WTGHookshot
1 week ago#34

This would literally ruin the entire narrative of the game. Put your dick away and rub your two brain cells together.

You mean "change" the entire narrative of the game. There's no way to know it would be ruined until it actually happened and we saw where things went compared to normal.
Thanos was wrong. Mike Ehrmantraut, "The moral of the story is: I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way ... No more half measures."

WTGHookshot
1 week ago#35

It literally wouldn't be FF7 anymore. If you don't want to play FF7 then dont play the remake? Why are you so intent on ruining what this game is?

It's amazing to me that "this game should deviate completely from FF7" is such a defensible position from VII:R fans. It's disgusting and part of the reason I hate this fanbase now. Make a new f***ing game if you want a new game. Otherwise you're just using the shell of something popular to sell something.

How do you make a new game while including the same characters, the same world, a large part of the same narrative, etc.? If I want to write a story about Jon Snow, the Starks, the Targaryens, the Lannisters, the Others, and other characters from Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire set in Westeros and Essos, that follows many of the same story points but deviates at times (some small, some large)... How can I do that as a new book series/TV series? Can you explain that one to me?

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 week ago#36
Completely unnecessary and an obvious product of Nojima's mundane tampering.
http://i.imgur.com/rSavqn0.png

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
1 week ago#37
TrueGB posted...
Nobody has a problem with changes when the final result is awesome. Well, nobody reasonable anyway.
lol i mean that was pretty much what I post is about but anybody on an extreme side of anything is typically not reasonable... that's what earns them their titles =S

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
1 week ago#38
If aerith lives the game cannot be anything near the same.

But I'm sure you'll cheer it on because you don't actually care about ff7 or its fans.

They fought for the chance to keep her alive. We already talked to post-OG Aerith during her Chapter 14 resolution scene. She told us herself she's fine with the decisions she made in the OG, but that if we're adamant about saving her then she won't stop us.

I'm at peace whether she lives or dies because they gave us the chance to do it differently, which is all I ever wanted.

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
1 week ago#39
WTGHookshot posted...
You mean "change" the entire narrative of the game. There's no way to know it would be ruined until it actually happened and we saw where things went compared to normal.
No it would ruin it as the death then loses all thematic relevance.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah

User Info: Itazura13

Itazura13
1 week ago#40
People really can't decide between hating Nomura or Nojima...

I love them both though, just as much as i love Kitase lol
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What did you think of the Whispers? (possible spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A