• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What did you think of the Whispers? (possible spoilers)

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
1 week ago#21
Everyone complains that they exist, but everyone also complains that they don't want the story to go off the rails. Does no one realize it's the whispers themselves stopping the story from going off the rails?

Every scene they're in is designed to keep the same story. Without them you'd have never met Aerith, never fall into the church, never save the world.

I understood what they were immediately. It was obvious to me that they existed only because Sephi slowed down Cloud through the streets of chapter 2 and they had to make sure he still met Aerith.

However that one instance caused a ripple effect. When Cloud asked the gang if they saw invisible enemies Barret's opinion of Cloud changed. This was then reflected on him being kicked off the second bombing mission.

That they knocked Jessie over to get you back on the mission confirmed to me exactly what was going on. The only logical conclusion was to defeat them at the end.

People want their cake and eat it too. The whispers are dead now, be happy, but the characters have changed than the original whether you like it or not. Their thoughts, decisions, and feelings might be different moving forward, even though all the areas and other characters you meet remain the same.

If you're a purist and you wanted the same story and same everything then don't play the rest of the games, simple as that.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: judester30

judester30
1 week ago#22
Gradieus posted...
Everyone complains that they exist, but everyone also complains that they don't want the story to go off the rails.

I mean... yeah? I tuned out whenever they showed up on screen and hated their presence, but I'm also not going to thank them for trying to keep the actual story intact, the writers should've just done that in the first place lol.

Gradieus
1 week ago#23
judester30 posted...
I mean... yeah? I tuned out whenever they showed up on screen and hated their presence, but I'm also not going to thank them for trying to keep the actual story intact, the writers should've just done that in the first place lol.

The writer is the same as the original game. They never wanted to make a 1:1 copy. If there were no whispers the game would have never been made in the first place.

They managed to keep the story intact while changing all the characters for the better.

That some thought they were scene blockers is the whole point. They want the game to be the same, but are upset that the scenes get stopped by whispers. So people wanted Cloud to kill Reno in the church? You can't have this Sephi without the whispers, and this Sephi is better than the original.

People can't make up their minds on what they want.
(edited 1 week ago)
Gradieus posted...
Everyone complains that they exist, but everyone also complains that they don't want the story to go off the rails. Does no one realize it's the whispers themselves stopping the story from going off the rails?

Every scene they're in is designed to keep the same story. Without them you'd have never met Aerith, never fall into the church, never save the world.

I understood what they were immediately. It was obvious to me that they existed only because Sephi slowed down Cloud through the streets of chapter 2 and they had to make sure he still met Aerith.

However that one instance caused a ripple effect. When Cloud asked the gang if they saw invisible enemies Barret's opinion of Cloud changed. This was then reflected on him being kicked off the second bombing mission.

That they knocked Jessie over to get you back on the mission confirmed to me exactly what was going on. The only logical conclusion was to defeat them at the end.

People want their cake and eat it too. The whispers are dead now, be happy, but the characters have changed than the original whether you like it or not. Their thoughts, decisions, and feelings might be different moving forward, even though all the areas and other characters you meet remain the same.

If you're a purist and you wanted the same story and same everything then don't play the rest of the games, simple as that.

You realize that the ending basically destroys the rails right? that's the entire problem.

If you want an entirely different game story then PLAY A NEW GAME AND NOT A REMAKE OF SOMETHING.
Currently playing: Kiseki series

Gradieus
1 week ago#25
Gandalf the Istari posted...
You realize that the ending basically destroys the rails right? that's the entire problem.

If you want an entirely different game story then PLAY A NEW GAME AND NOT A REMAKE OF SOMETHING.

They're still going after Sephiroth. All the cities and people in the original game are still in the exact same spot. Cid still wants to go to space, Vincent is still sleeping, Kalm is still Kalm.

Everything is the same but at the same time some things will be different. It's the perfect blend.

User Info: judester30

judester30
1 week ago#26
Gradieus posted...
That some thought they were scene blockers is the whole point. They want the game to be the same, but are upset that the scenes get stopped by whispers. So people wanted Cloud to kill Reno in the church? You can't have this Sephi without the whispers, and this Sephi is better than the original.

This reasoning does not make any sense, this is like a Thermian argument.

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
1 week ago#27
Gradieus posted...

They managed to keep the story intact while changing all the characters for the better.
Uh... What
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Problem? That's what gives me hope Aerith might survive the ordeal and Tifa might die. The only thing that may keep me going with this tunnel fantasy VII multi part "saga". If it weren't for that this game would be trash tier.

Gradieus
1 week ago#28
judester30 posted...
This reasoning does not make any sense, this is like a Thermian argument.

It is except I said they wouldn't have made the game if they could not have a new Sephiroth and this was the only way for them to both make a new Sephiroth and not have the game go off the rails.
VayneSolo posted...
Uh... What

Problem? That's what gives me hope Aerith might survive the ordeal and Tifa might die. The only thing that may keep me going with this tunnel fantasy VII multi part "saga". If it weren't for that this game would be trash tier.

Yes we get that youre some kind of waifu degenerate that doesn't give a s*** about FF7.
Gradieus posted...
They're still going after Sephiroth. All the cities and people in the original game are still in the exact same spot. Cid still wants to go to space, Vincent is still sleeping, Kalm is still Kalm.

Everything is the same but at the same time some things will be different. It's the perfect blend.

If aerith lives the game cannot be anything near the same.

But I'm sure you'll cheer it on because you don't actually care about ff7 or its fans.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What did you think of the Whispers? (possible spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A