• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Anybody want the game script for this game?

User Info: Snow_Guard

Snow_Guard
1 week ago#1
Do you?

I am very interested in your opinion, because I choose between several projects.

User Info: ace_spades111

ace_spades111
1 week ago#2
I'd appreciate it.

User Info: Itazura13

Itazura13
1 week ago#3
Yes I've been looking especially for the Japanese script also. To learn more about how things differ between both version. A lot of the interactions are more exaggerated in the English version but i can't remember everything just by play-through without a complete script comparison.

So far Youtube is my go to for comparison, but it takes quite some time to find a specific dialogue there.

User Info: Snow_Guard

Snow_Guard
1 week ago#4
I transcribed about 60 pages. The text has all the dialogues except the situational ones...

https://game-scripts.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake

@Itazura13 My Japanese is about N4, so it's hard for me to understand the text. I can try to do it if you help with the proofreading. I learn Japanese myself.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 week ago#5
If I was a masochist, sure.
http://i.imgur.com/6ZgD6wh.jpg

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
1 week ago#6
I'd be interested to know how much text is in the game compared to the original (OG Midgar and also OG entire game), but aside from that it seems to be a lot of effort.

User Info: Rex915

Rex915
1 week ago#7
Thanks, I've just been reminded of that hilarious first encounter between Roche and Cloud. The dialogues there is great, and a good example of why I think the localization team did an excellent job.

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
1 week ago#8
Itazura13 posted...
A lot of the interactions are more exaggerated in the English version but i can't remember everything just by play-through without a complete script comparison.
They sure are. These stupid translator sure took a lot of liberties with the dialogue. It is jarring to be listening to something that has little correspondence in the English subs being displayed.

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
1 week ago#9
VayneSolo posted...
They sure are. These stupid translator sure took a lot of liberties with the dialogue. It is jarring to be listening to something that has little correspondence in the English subs being displayed.
Probably because the Japanese voice overs are overall fairly lifeless tbh
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G

User Info: tcaud

tcaud
1 week ago#10
Why did you transcribe instead of just hacking/extracting it?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Anybody want the game script for this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A