• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is this game a 10/10 for you?
I'd give it a 9/10 personally. Absolutely loved the entire experience. Can't wait for more.
3DS FC: 0645 - 5850 - 9813
God, I feel old...

User Info: Exodiver

Exodiver
1 week ago#42
No, the gameplay (battle) still needs a lot of improvement and polishing.
The story and plot is amazing though, the characters are more fleshed out.
8.5/10
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Mashiyyat

Mashiyyat
1 week ago#43
Probably not, but I dont bother with scores most of the time. Its probably in spot 2 for my GotY so far. I think by the end of the year it'll probably still be in my top 5, but I'll be surprised if it is still at spot 2. That said its individual high points might be stronger than anything else I experience this year and its followup is probably gonna be in the forefront of most anticipated for me compared to followups to anything else I have or will play this year. Kinda weird how that works out.

User Info: TrueGB

TrueGB
1 week ago#44
More of an 8 for me, and certainly on the Top 100 list for PS4 titles, but not very high. Basically the game lives and dies by its combat. Everything else it does has been done much better elsewhere. Still a chunky game though with decent replay value. I have much more respect for Ori, maybe even Nioh 2, but I haven't played that yet.

Need2KnowLion posted...
Best Square Enix game of the past 10 years?

I say FF14 deserves that honour.

recompex posted... 9/10. If they launched a patch to fix those texture issues then it will go 10/10.

Frankly, I think we're not going to see the "true" FF7R until next gen.
Future Billionaire
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: wolftslays

wolftslays
1 week ago#45
Nah, but pretty close. I really enjoyed my time with it. Like an 8/8.5 out of 10.
{]xxxxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

User Info: Gun_Empress

Gun_Empress
1 week ago#46
No, wasn't a fan of the gameplay.
Order and Chaos
9/10. I haven’t gotten farther than lvl 20 in some FFXIV jobs so I can’t definitively say whether it’s the better than that. I actually enjoyed FFXV and Bravely Default a bit better but I also feel as though that if the next parts have the whole narrative arc, it’ll rise above them.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Puppyfaic

Puppyfaic
1 week ago#48
yes

User Info: Crisys

Crisys
1 week ago#49
I'm really surprised at all the high marks. I don't even remember much from OG since it's been forever since I played it, so I don't really hold the changes against remake.

Maybe I'm just becoming an unimpressed curmudgen in my old age, but who knows?

I only just reached Aeris house so I can't fully comment on the story.

Weird graphical inconsistencies, boring early sidequests, super anime style posing and stuff. Combat feels ok the more I get used to it. I don't know I say maybe 7/10 for me. Doesn't do anything terrible, just doesn't seem like anything amazing to me.

I'll see though, I'm mostly just bored with the game, it feels like it is trying to copy some aspects of other games (like the climbing in the church, got serious uncharted vibes) and doing them worse. I almost wish they would have gone full action game because the hybrid combat feels like both systems together lack what makes each individually fun. I do like Roche though, he's cool.
PSN: Crisys_5k GT: Crisys5k
"Vaan would get destroyed in Blitzball, he's not even good enough for the Luca Goers." - Bunlert
Crisys posted...
I'm really surprised at all the high marks. I don't even remember much from OG since it's been forever since I played it, so I don't really hold the changes against remake.

Maybe I'm just becoming an unimpressed curmudgen in my old age, but who knows?

I only just reached Aeris house so I can't fully comment on the story.

Weird graphical inconsistencies, boring early sidequests, super anime style posing and stuff. Combat feels ok the more I get used to it. I don't know I say maybe 7/10 for me. Doesn't do anything terrible, just doesn't seem like anything amazing to me.

I'll see though, I'm mostly just bored with the game, it feels like it is trying to copy some aspects of other games (like the climbing in the church, got serious uncharted vibes) and doing them worse. I almost wish they would have gone full action game because the hybrid combat feels like both systems together lack what makes each individually fun. I do like Roche though, he's cool.

it might just not be your style. One point that made the combat much more fun and gelled better that I had to learn for a summon fight and then used throughout the game - switch characters OFTEN. Like after every basic attack string, much more often than you think you should. Doing that let’s you build up ATB insanely fast, pull together great combos, and generally makes the game more fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is this game a 10/10 for you?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A