• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is this game a 10/10 for you?
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
No, because as you have already said "literal perfection" does not exist in entertainment, period.
Exactly. We agree.

Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
"Relative perfection" very much does and warrants 10/10 scores exactly as much as it would warrant your personal 9.99999999 score.
No because 10/10 is literal perfection.

Being better than all of your peers does not make you perfect by any means.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts
ElBrutus posted...
So you can't describe the difference to me, like I asked, but instead start talking about a side-note? Figured as much. Your argument is baseless.
No, I can not describe the difference in graphical quality between perfect graphics and perfect graphics...

"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts

User Info: ElBrutus

ElBrutus
1 week ago#163
BrightShield786 posted...
No, I can not describe the difference in graphical quality between perfect graphics and perfect graphics...
I never talked about one being perfect and one not being, but your solution is no better than the one you take issue with. You're trying to redirect the conversation again.
Top 5 jRPG's: Chrono Trigger (SNES), Grandia (PS1), Suikoden II (PS1), Dragon Quest V (SNES), Persona 5 (PS4)
No because 10/10 is literal perfection
This is still both untrue and arbitrary. You've founded your entire bizarre "argument" on this groundless premise.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH

User Info: E_S_M_Z

E_S_M_Z
1 week ago#165
Exactly. We agree.

No because 10/10 is literal perfection.

Being better than all of your peers does not make you perfect by any means.

I got a perfect score on my high school research paper. Was it perfection incarnate and should it be published in serious magazines? How could I have gotten a perfect score when there are accomplished scholars writing research papers on the same topic?

No, I just met all the criteria of that report, so I was given the highest mark. That's all it is - the highest award.
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Monkeh

Monkeh
1 week ago#166
Not 10/10 but definitely up there with some of the most enjoyable games I've ever played.

As for SE games, I don't really play that many. Best Final Fantasy since the PS2 at the very least.
ElBrutus posted...
I never talked about one being perfect and one not being, but your solution is no better than the one you take issue with. You're trying to redirect the conversation again.
You said that both were 10/10. Meaning both were perfect in every way. I can not describe the difference between perfection and perfection.

Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
This is still both untrue and arbitrary. You've founded your entire bizarre "argument" on this groundless premise.
Not at all.

You simply don’t agree that 10/10 is perfection. It doesn’t surprise me really. Most people don’t like to admit that their favorite games don’t deserve the perfect 10/10 score.

E_S_M_Z posted...
I got a perfect score on my high school research paper. Was it perfection incarnate and should it be published in serious magazines? How could I have gotten a perfect score when there are accomplished scholars writing research papers on the same topic?

No, I just met all the criteria of that report, so I was given the highest mark. That's all it is - the highest award.
I’m saying that you literally got a perfect score. Meeting all of the criteria was all that your professor required for your research paper to be perfect. So it was perfect by the standards your professor set.

It’s like a spelling test. You could be a vastly superior speller than me, but if we each get all the words right, our tests were each literal perfection.
(edited 1 week ago)
Gameplay and music are 11/10

The story padding really got in the way of the gameplay unfortunately; hopefully that won't be a problem again in the next installments.

User Info: ElBrutus

ElBrutus
1 week ago#169
You said that both were 10/10. Meaning both were perfect in every way. I can not describe the difference between perfection and perfection.
I've previously said a bazillion times 10/10 doesn't mean perfect, as in flawless. That's your misguided ideology. But even then, you didn't provide what I asked you to do, but instead kept and keep talking about another subject. Do you even remember anymore what I asked you to do and why? Do you expect people to take you seriously anymore?

Reminder:
ElBrutus posted...
An example of two games that meet the criteria, or an example of how to describe the difference in visuals?
The describing, please. Remember that both are supposed to be games that would get a 10 out of 10, only the later one comes out 6 months later and is clearly superior.

Since it's so difficult for you to understand for you. I blacked out the part that's unnecessary. Also, It was your example. Not mine.
Top 5 jRPG's: Chrono Trigger (SNES), Grandia (PS1), Suikoden II (PS1), Dragon Quest V (SNES), Persona 5 (PS4)
(edited 1 week ago)
ElBrutus posted...
I've previously said a bazillion times 10/10 doesn't mean perfect. That's your misguided ideology. But even then, you didn't provide what I asked you to do, but instead kept and keep talking about another subject. Do you even remember anymore what I asked you to do? Do you expect people to take you seriously anymore?
I strongly disagree with the premise of the question.

You are claiming that 10/10 doesn’t mean perfect. I am saying that it does.

ElBrutus posted...
The describing, please. Remember that both are supposed to be games that would get a 10 out of 10, only the later one comes out 6 months later and is clearly superior.
Do you see how I can’t answer that question if I truly believe that both games are perfect?

Neither has superior graphics in this case, because both games are perfect.

I could only answer the question if I thought that 10/10 =/= perfection.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is this game a 10/10 for you?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A