• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If this game didn't have FF, would it receive the same insane devotion ?
lightningxiii-2 posted...
You think there is any point in arguing with the TC?

Honestly you do less for this game than you think you do.

Your hyper fanboyism just pushes people to double down because you're unreasonable.

Like when you pretend that "good game, minor additive problems, divisive ending" is trolling or saying the game is trash.
Currently playing: Kiseki series
(edited 1 week ago)
villanut32 posted...
I read it the first time. Still the same basic system.
Waiting for a talent bar to refill is the same as filling a stock bar.
Full bar equals special attack.
Are you saying Xenoblade isn't a jrpg? Just checking.
One very vague similarity doesn't mean "the combat is the same", which was your original assertion.

Additionally, you don't "wait" for ATB to fill in VIIR, you control the rate it fills at, something you basically can't do in Xenoblade. Yet another difference. The strategic use and execution of using that "bar you fill up" are also completely different in both games.

And lastly, FFVIIR is an Action RPG. Xenoblade is not.

If you had played both of these games, you could not possibly insist that their combat "is the same". I have to assume you've landed on this conclusion through almost complete ignorance of one or both games.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
1 week ago#143
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
They're literally not even the same subgenre, although I freely admit I'm not sure how exactly I'd classify whatever Xenoblade is. It is certainly not an ARPG like VIIR, though. But neither is it traditional/turn-based.
Personally I like describing Xenoblades combat system as "MMO-style combat system optimized for singleplayer".

User Info: villanut32

villanut32
1 week ago#144
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
One very vague similarity doesn't mean "the combat is the same", which was your original assertion.

Additionally, you don't "wait" for ATB to fill in VIIR, you control the rate it fills at, something you basically can't do in Xenoblade. Yet another difference. The strategic use and execution of using that "bar you fill up" are also completely different in both games.

And lastly, FFVIIR is an Action RPG. Xenoblade is not.

If you had played both of these games, you could not possibly insist that their combat "is the same". I have to assume you've landed on this conclusion through total ignorance of one or both games.
Was going to say fair point, I find the two game styles almost the same but you are free to have your own views on it.

But kinda ruined your point by assuming what I have and haven't played, and resorted to insults.

User Info: KingAshnard

KingAshnard
1 week ago#145
Hell no.
All hail the king of Daein!
villanut32 posted...
But kinda ruined your point by assuming what I have and haven't played, and resorted to insults
In what way, specifically, did I "ruin" my point? Feel free to clear up any wrong assumptions I may have, with specifics, if you feel so inclined. Or don't. It's not important.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
1 week ago#147
Gwyns_Beard posted...
People know how they feel about the game better than you know how they feel about the game.
Not what I said. You absolutely should know that reputations precede the post. Hence why you can't ever make serious topics because you're a known s*** poster with a bias towards criticizing the game. It doesn't matter that you might have more moderate opinions because they only ever come up when it's convenient for you, such as trying to defend yourself as a multi-faceted person rather than a one note s***poster. It just won't be seen as genuine though because you never make moderate or supportive posts autonomously.

Gwyns_Beard posted...
I truly believe they are
This right here kinda sells you out lol. You can't claim nobody knows how you truly feel then immediately turn around and say that you genuinely believe everyone who disagrees with you must be an alt. Don't be a hypocrite my dude.

Shinobuden posted...
That's a lot of assumptions you're making. People can make critical posts and point out the game's flaws but still like the game and to suggest otherwise is extremely narrow-minded. Not to mention you're acting like you know how people feel about the game better than themselves, which is ignorant at best.
Again, not what I said. Instead of getting defensive because you feel called out, try assessing yourself and wonder why people perceive you a certain way.
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G

User Info: J_Dawg983

J_Dawg983
1 week ago#148
It probably wouldnt receive the same devotion but it probably wouldn't receive as much critic bringing on the rabid fanboys.
RSN: Pridefc
PSN: Jaosin
Gandalf the Istari posted...
you're unreasonable

I am more reasonable than all of you combined since my judgment is not clouded by nostalgia. Try harder.
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Gwyns_Beard

Gwyns_Beard
1 week ago#150
innercredible posted...
Not what I said. You absolutely should know that reputations precede the post. Hence why you can't ever make serious topics because you're a known s*** poster with a bias towards criticizing the game. It doesn't matter that you might have more moderate opinions because they only ever come up when it's convenient for you, such as trying to defend yourself as a multi-faceted person rather than a one note s***poster. It just won't be seen as genuine though because you never make moderate or supportive posts autonomously.

This right here kinda sells you out lol. You can't claim nobody knows how you truly feel then immediately turn around and say that you genuinely believe everyone who disagrees with you must be an alt. Don't be a hypocrite my dude.

Again, not what I said. Instead of getting defensive because you feel called out, try assessing yourself and wonder why people perceive you a certain way.

👌 Nice personal attacks with 0 prompting, alt lord.
I will tag you accordingly
Right hand up, left hand down. Flame on the top and a moon around.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If this game didn't have FF, would it receive the same insane devotion ?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A