• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If this game didn't have FF, would it receive the same insane devotion ?

User Info: villanut32

villanut32
1 week ago#11
So something you can't defend you just ignore and move on and when you do acknowledge a fault you make up some excuse or say not really a fault, yet I'm the child.
Yes I was greatly disappointed by this game, and don't feel it's the goods I was sold by the square pr department.
That said I'm not just bashing on the game for no reason, I'd like the company to stop its lazy business practices and go back to making quality games.

And go play Xenoblade chronicles and say with a straight face the combat isn't the same.

villanut32
1 week ago#12
Gigaraver posted...
And this is why some people believe the board is full of "insane devotion".

More like "You like a thing I think you shouldn't like, and that's insane".

And yet on more than one occasion I've been labeled a shill for daring to challenge people's reasons for disliking elements of the game. There's extremism on both sides, and topics like this don't help or clarify anything. Just perpetuating the problem.
Yes sorry I thought I could start an actual grown up discussion. I can see now it's probably not possible.

User Info: Gwyns_Beard

Gwyns_Beard
1 week ago#13
Gigaraver posted...
challenge people's reasons
Sounds a bit like you're trying to make people like what they don't like, though. A discussion is one thing, but you yourself framed it like you are challenging them on it.
Right hand up, left hand down. Flame on the top and a moon around.

User Info: MySnakesSolid

MySnakesSolid
1 week ago#14
@lightningxiii-2 It's a great game for sure. Do you prefer it to XIII?

@Gigaraver I'm not sure who you're referring to but if you're saying I am guilty of "insane devotion" you're wrong I have criticized a number of things in this game but none of those criticisms are significant enough to put me off the game or dislike it. All games have things within them that I don't like, even my favourite games of all time. There is no such thing as perfection.

@villanut32 Some of your comments are juvenile though... What can't I defend? The combat being copied from Xenoblade? That's like saying all FPS games are rip offs of Doom or whatever the first ever FPS was back in the day. Petty, petty point.

I don't even like Square Enix I dislike FFXII, FFXIII, FFXV... I only played the first KH which was decent. I fell out of love with FF since FFX. But Remake is a very good game and I just feel a lot of the things people moan about are very insignificant.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 week ago#15
TC, what you consider "faults" are not necessarily "faults" for others since there is almost nothing that can be objectively considered so (like the texture issue) and for many people that's not even a big deal anyway, if you can't understand that you are not even at the starting point for a proper discussion......and unfortunately this seems very common around here.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

villanut32
1 week ago#16
MySnakesSolid posted...
@lightningxiii-2 It's a great game for sure. Do you prefer it to XIII?

@Gigaraver I'm not sure who you're referring to but if you're saying I am guilty of "insane devotion" you're wrong I have criticized a number of things in this game but none of those criticisms are significant enough to put me off the game or dislike it. All games have things within them that I don't like, even my favourite games of all time. There is no such thing as perfection.

@villanut32 Some of your comments are juvenile though... What can't I defend? The combat being copied from Xenoblade? That's like saying all FPS games are rip offs of Doom or whatever the first ever FPS was back in the day. Petty, petty point.

I don't even like Square Enix I dislike FFXII, FFXIII, FFXV... I only played the first KH which was decent. I fell out of love with FF since FFX. But Remake is a very good game and I just feel a lot of the things people moan about are very insignificant.
Which is fair I don't like it when someone bashes something I like.
That said you thinking something is insignificant when someone else thinks the opposite is invalidating the other person's opinion.

It's possible for people to have different opinions on what they find enjoyable. But I've noticed there seems to be no middle ground on this board it's either mindless devotion or hate.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Gigaraver

Gigaraver
1 week ago#17
@MySnakesSolid I said "topics like this", so I would think it was clear I was talking to the TC. >_>
Nintendo Switch FC - SW-1793-0112-3629
NNID - Hyperdon

villanut32
1 week ago#18
MalakTawus posted...
TC, what you consider "faults" are not necessarily "faults" for others since there is almost nothing that can be objectively considered so (like the texture issue) and for many people that's not even a big deal anyway, if you can't understand that you are not even at the starting point for a proper discussion......and unfortunately this seems very common around here.
Again this reads as I'm right you're wrong, no middle ground. What I consider faults are not really faults because you don't consider them as faults.

User Info: Gigaraver

Gigaraver
1 week ago#19
Gwyns_Beard posted...
Sounds a bit like you're trying to make people like what they don't like, though. A discussion is one thing, but you yourself framed it like you are challenging them on it.
Yeah, you don't even know who I was talking to or what I or they were saying. I have no qualms with people's genuine likes or dislikes about stuff(and I'll often even say such). I'm talking about the trolls, and I know they're trolls because their reputations preceded them, at one point even before I said anything.

I'm not talking about something as daft as "I dun like a thing; Well you should like a thing". That is a waste of their time and my time.
Nintendo Switch FC - SW-1793-0112-3629
NNID - Hyperdon
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Gwyns_Beard

Gwyns_Beard
1 week ago#20
Gigaraver posted...
Yeah, you don't even know who I was talking to or what I or they were saying. I have no qualms with people's genuine likes or dislikes about stuff(and I'll often even say such). I'm talking about the trolls, and I know they're trolls because their reputations preceded them, at one point even before I said anything.

I'm not talking about something as daft as "I dun like a thing; Well you should like a thing". That is a waste of their time and my time.

So you're challenging trolls about their reasons to dislike? Why? They are trolling. You're doing exactly what they want at that point; replying. Their mind isnt there to be changed.

¯\_༼ᴼل͜ᴼ༽_/¯

Right hand up, left hand down. Flame on the top and a moon around.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If this game didn't have FF, would it receive the same insane devotion ?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A