• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why are you people so ungrateful?

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 week ago#201
amerk posted...
Wow... Just wow.

Yeah, fact, deal with it.
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
1 week ago#202
amerk posted...
Wow... Just wow.
If that weren't general consensus then N64 games wouldn't be getting s*** on daily lol. Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time are the current poster children of classic amazing games that are apparently ugly broken awkward barely-playable overrated messes. FF7 joined them in that consensus a long time ago, if you aren't aware then you might've stayed in the nostalgia echo chamber a little too long.
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G
(edited 1 week ago)
Is gratitude a necessary aspect of art experience and criticism?
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH
lightningxiii-2 posted...
No, you're just posting silly nonsense and call them 'objective facts'. You didn't 'prove' anything. You've been just b****ing nonstop about the stuff you didn't like in the game. Get over yourself.

I gave examples, that's a fact. Observe:

The_Undying_84 posted...
Ever heard of multiplayer games? Where is the AI in say, a multiplayer match of Street Fighter?

Plenty of single player games have no AI either. Puzzle games for example, often just have pre made levels with no AI or anything else changing how they play out between playthroughs.

digidevilwil posted...
It's because of people like you that the game industry is a mess lol. People can actually say with a straight face a game like this is bad and think that $60 for video games is "too much" money.

Only the Japanese game industry is a mess. Everyone else is doing fine. Japanese developers almost all got jealous of the sales of games like COD or GTA over the past 10-15 years and made idiotic massive changes to their classic series in a hopeless effort to match them, even though they were perfectly profitable as they were, and ruined their franchises in the process.
bloop
(edited 1 week ago)

lightningxiii-2
1 week ago#205
The_Undying_84 posted...
I gave examples, that's a fact. Observe:

Only the Japanese game industry is a mess. Everyone else is doing fine. Japanese developers almost all got jealous of the sales of games like COD or GTA over the past 10-15 years and made idiotic massive changes to their classic series in a hopeless effort to match them, even though they were perfectly profitable as they were, and ruined their franchises in the process.

Still posting nonsense, I see. Not that I'm surprised or anything.

User Info: Alarei

Alarei
1 week ago#206
Still posting nonsense, I see. Not that I'm surprised or anything.
Everything he posted was true. Japanese video game industry is a mess. Consoles are seriously declining over there, it's all about mobile gacha s*** now. Also FFXIII was inspired by FPS like CoD, the director even said so. FFXV was clearly copying western open world games.
Nier Automata is GOTY.

lightningxiii-2
1 week ago#207
Alarei posted...
Everything he posted was true. Japanese video game industry is a mess. Consoles are seriously declining over there, it's all about mobile gacha s*** now. Also FFXIII was inspired by FPS like CoD, the director even said so. FFXV was clearly copying western open world games.

Some of the best games released each year are still Japanese. Just look at last year's GOTY nominees. 4 out of 6 nominees were Japanese.
(edited 1 week ago)
Alarei posted...
Japanese video game industry is a mess. Consoles are seriously declining over there, it's all about mobile gacha s*** now
IMO this is on the same level as the West's obsession with graphic violence, with so many games relying on it to garner mainstream interest and bump sales.

Globally, there are still many talented artists making great games.

lightningxiii-2
1 week ago#209
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
this is on the same level as the West's obsession with graphic violence

And sex.
And sex.
Japanese devs are plenty obsessed with this.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why are you people so ungrateful?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A