• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why are you people so ungrateful?

User Info: villanut32

villanut32
1 week ago#21
innercredible posted...
No, the AI actually doesn't. AI party members are incredibly passive, they never use ATB without your direct commands and mainly just play defensively, often blocking while throwing out an occasional standard attack. None of which is enough to make a significant difference in a fight without direction from the player.

What exactly do you think the AI does? Because this is some pretty basic s***.

It actually amazes me people say how revolutionary the hybrid system is, when its basically FFXII combat without the customisation.

Probably the thing I found most disappointing about the game.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
1 week ago#22
The_Undying_84 posted...
I just want fools to stop saying that companies are entitled to gratitude for selling products. Their customer's money is all the gratitude that they are warranted.

Came in to say this. We are exchanging money for a product, gratitude does not enter into it.

Neo_Tai posted...
If you got nothing good to say....then be quiet untild the next game,but if you don't like the game why bother even posting.

You have misunderstood the point of online forums. This is not a place where you can only post positive things about VIIR, we are here to discuss good and bad aspects of the game. If you can't deal with that then you have two choices -- put negative people on your ignore list or leave.

innercredible posted...
Uh, you know you have even more control than OG, right?

How can you have more control than the OG, where you have 100% control of what every character does (outside of beserk status)?
innercredible posted...
No, the AI actually doesn't. AI party members are incredibly passive, they never use ATB without your direct commands and mainly just play defensively, often blocking while throwing out an occasional standard attack. None of which is enough to make a significant difference in a fight without direction from the player.

What exactly do you think the AI does? Because this is some pretty basic s***.

There is no f***ing AI in the original in the first place. It literally doesn't do anything at all because it doesn't even exist.

If what the AI does is significant, then the player should have to do it themselves.
If what they do isn't significant, then why the hell is it even in the game at all?
There's never a good reason for AI to control party members at all.
bloop

villanut32
1 week ago#24
lightningxiii-2 posted...
I'm really surprised to see so much complaining on this board. This is sad, really. They gave you this amazing remake and you're still complaining. This is a fantastic game which deserves at least an 8/10. It has everything in it. It's a complete package. You can say you don't like this game for whatever reason, but you cannot deny that it's indeed a very well-done game.

It's a great game from many aspects, the characters, combat, graphics, music, voice acting, boss fights, ..., and the overall presentation. Have you noticed the camera direction in cutscenes, for example? Or how amazing the slow motion looks in battles? How many other games have that kind of thing?

You love nitpicking and complaining about minor things, don't you? You guys will never get satisfied, no matter what. Even if they give you a 20/10 game (imagine such thing exists), you'll still find something in it to complain about.

lightningxiii-2 posted...
Just to troll. I should probably just block him.
So because you think the game is good and well made means anybody with valid criticism is wrong.
Personaly I found it to be a rushed flashy mess with a butchered story. But opinions are funny like that.

Also find it deeply ironic you winge about Remake criticism, while I read a thread of you doing the same for TLOU2. A game you admitted you have only seen videos of.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
1 week ago#25
stepan618 posted...
How can you have more control than the OG, where you have 100% control of what every character does (outside of beserk status)?
Because in both OG and Remake you can give direct commands to party members, while Remake exclusively allows you to combo your attacks. It ain't rocket science my dudes.

The_Undying_84 posted...
There is no f***ing AI in the original in the first place. It literally doesn't do anything at all because it doesn't even exist.
Ok? And?

The_Undying_84 posted...
If what the AI does is significant, then the player should have to do it themselves.
Which players do. The AI doesn't do anything significant without your permission.

The_Undying_84 posted...
If what they do isn't significant, then why the hell is it even in the game at all?
Because party members who literally only stand there and take damage until you give them specific commands aren't particularly helpful.

The_Undying_84 posted...
There's never a good reason for AI to control party members at all.
You're just flat out wrong here lol. Come up with an actual point please, you haven't actually argued anything here. You're honestly just whining and contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion.

villanut32 posted...
It actually amazes me people say how revolutionary the hybrid system is, when its basically FFXII combat without the customisation.

Probably the thing I found most disappointing about the game.
The combat is no where near close to the same as XII's. Anyone who's seen gameplay, let alone actually played the game, would confidently tell you this.
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G

villanut32
1 week ago#26
innercredible posted...

The combat is no where near close to the same as XII's. Anyone who's seen gameplay, let alone actually played the game, would confidently tell you this.

You run around auto attacking while manually imputing commands and can switch controlled player on the fly. Both seem pretty similar to me
Only difference is in Xii I get to actually dictate what my ai does.

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
1 week ago#27
villanut32 posted...
You run around auto attacking while manually imputing commands and can switch controlled player on the fly. Both seem pretty similar to me
Only difference is in Xii I get to actually dictate what my ai does.
You just described nearly every action RPG with a party member system lol. Come on.
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G

villanut32
1 week ago#28
innercredible posted...
You just described nearly every action RPG with a party member system lol. Come on.
Actually ARGS usually have a little more action involved
The only other game of a similar nature off the top of head is Xenoblade, which again is older and better handled.

I'm not saying Remakes combat is terrible I'm just saying it's nothing special.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 week ago#29
Litane posted...
Oh look, Lightning's making a bait topic for arguments. Big surprise.

Neo_Tai posted...
If you got nothing good to say....then be quiet untild the next game,but if you don't like the game why bother even posting.

Lightning alt confirmed

User Info: recompex

recompex
1 week ago#30
The_Undying_84 posted...
No, ridiculous claim.

In the original your characters never do a single thing you don't make them do.

The AI controls 2 of 3 party members at all in times in this crap.

You really complain about having less control in FF7R, when literally the game doesn't spend any ATB from the AI unless you command them. And you're playing an action rpg game, not a turn based game. Get those stupid nostalgic glasses off boomer.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why are you people so ungrateful?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A