• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why are you people so ungrateful?

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
1 week ago#191
MysteryVeil posted...
Cheese posts are best posts.

You're so unbrieable.
Courage and wit have served thee well. Thou hast been promoted to the next level.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1126-dragon-quest-general

User Info: amerk

amerk
1 week ago#192
lightningxiii-2 posted...
I'm really surprised to see so much complaining on this board. This is sad, really. They gave you this amazing remake and you're still complaining. This is a fantastic game which deserves at least an 8/10. It has everything in it. It's a complete package. You can say you don't like this game for whatever reason, but you cannot deny that it's indeed a very well-done game.

Calls it an amazing remake, yet never played the original.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/168653-final-fantasy-vii-remake/78809188#qp
Good point. I've never played the original and was never a fan. I had no idea about this game and how it was supposed to be. My judgment wasn't clouded by nostalgia like many others, so someone like me saying this is a very well-done game means a lot. As a person who's not an RPG fan and doesn't have the patience for them, I never thought I would end up loving this game. There is so much in this game that's done incredibly well.

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 week ago#193
The_Undying_84 posted...
The objective fact in question was that I provided examples. That's not disputable, not something you can say "i don't think so" to. Anyone can just look at my posts and see that yes in fact I did provide examples.

Your reading comprehension is bad.

And no, I provide reasoning and thorough arguments for everything I have to say.

No, you're just posting silly nonsense and call them 'objective facts'. You didn't 'prove' anything. You've been just b****ing nonstop about the stuff you didn't like in the game. Get over yourself.

amerk posted...
Calls it an amazing remake, yet never played the original.

Yes, I don't need to play the original to know this is an amazing game. Try harder.
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: judester30

judester30
1 week ago#194
Yes, I don't need to play the original to know this is an amazing game. Try harder.

That's quite obviously not what he said, you can't know if this game is a great remake without playing the original, but feel free to see it as a great experience on its own.

lightningxiii-2
1 week ago#195
judester30 posted...
That's quite obviously not what he said, you can't know if this game is a great remake without playing the original, but feel free to see it as a great experience on its own.

OK, it's a great game. Can I say that?

User Info: judester30

judester30
1 week ago#196
OK, it's a great game. Can I say that?

Yes, that's fair. It's just that when you compare the game to the original and say that it's an objective improvement in every way, you can understand why some people might be a bit dismissive of that attitude.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
1 week ago#197
The_Undying_84 posted...
Game developers aren't owed any gratitude, unless they want to start releasing their games for free.

They want money for it. I won't give money for a s***ty remake with a fraction of the content of the original and which doesn't allow you to fully control all your characters (again, unlike the original).

It's because of people like you that the game industry is a mess lol. People can actually say with a straight face a game like this is bad and think that $60 for video games is "too much" money.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

lightningxiii-2
1 week ago#198
judester30 posted...
when you compare the game to the original and say that it's an objective improvement

It is indeed an objective improvement, though. And I can say that because I know for a fact that the original is an archaic 23-year-old game. Games of the 90s are barely playable now. That alone makes the remake objectively far superior. No need to have played the original to know that.

Also, I can still watch other people play it too, even if I haven't played it myself. I haven't seen much, but from what I've seen, it looks more like a joke or a low-quality kids game, which is totally understandable considering its release date, but claiming it's better than the remake is just being delusional.
(edited 1 week ago)

amerk
1 week ago#199
digidevilwil posted...
It's because of people like you that the game industry is a mess lol. People can actually say with a straight face a game like this is bad and think that $60 for video games is "too much" money.
When it comes to remakes people's biases will come into play. If somebody is not happy with the remake's direction why would they support it and be grateful, just because somebody else thinks it's a great game?

amerk
1 week ago#200
It is indeed an objective improvement, though. And I can say that because I know for a fact that the original is an archaic 23-year-old game. Games of the 90s are barely playable now. That alone makes the remake objectively far superior. No need to have played the original to know that.

Also, I can still watch other people play it too, even if I haven't played it myself. I haven't seen much, but from what I've seen, it looks more like a joke or a low-quality kids game, which is totally understandable considering its release date, but claiming it's better than the remake is just being delusional.
Wow... Just wow.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Why are you people so ungrateful?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A