• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is the Final Fantasy VII Remake objectively better being split into many parts?
BlazingRain posted...
Play DQ XI if you haven’t already.

Full story is 100+ hours with about the same unique content (locations, characters, etc) as the original FF VII. Story is much better than VIIR’s, everything else is at least even.
This is bordering on intentionally misleading. DQXI is amazing and any fan of JRPGs owes it to themselves to play it. But implying its visuals are "even" with VIIR's or trying to pretend it has as many unique locations/setpieces as OG VII is simply incorrect. DQXI stands on its own merits, you don't need to inflate it into something it isn't.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
This is bordering on intentionally misleading. DQXI is amazing and any fan of JRPGs owes it to themselves to play it. But implying its visuals are "even" with VIIR's or trying to pretend it has as many unique locations/setpieces as OG VII is simply incorrect. DQXI stands on its own merits, you don't need to inflate it into something it isn't.

Someone probably needs to since the FF fanboys are always trying to deflate and undermine DQ even when you have obvious superiority in something like DQ XI vs FFXV.
Currently playing: Kiseki series
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Someone probably needs to since the FF fanboys are always trying to deflate and undermine DQ even when you have obvious superiority in something like DQ XI vs FFXV.
I, personally, cannot fathom preferring XV to DQXI, but preference is preference. If someone has to undermine the joy that is DQXI just to feel better about a game they like, that is very sad for them.

But as I'm sure you agree, ignoring a game's flaws and misrepresenting its strengths does not help others to enjoy the game you like, no matter how much you think "haters/fanboys" have besmirched its reputation.
(edited 1 week ago)
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
I, personally, cannot fathom preferring XV to DQXI, but preference is preference. If someone has to undermine the joy that is DQXI just to feel better about a game they like, that is very sad for them.

But as I'm sure you agree, ignoring a game's flaws and misrepresenting its strengths does not help others to enjoy the game you like, no matter how much you think "haters/fanboys" have besmirched its reputation.

I mean thats what you do with VII:R all the time.
Gandalf the Istari posted...
I mean thats what you do with VII:R all the time.
I know you think that, which is why I know you agree that we shouldn't. Responding to others doing that by doing it yourself just keeps the cycle going, right? Don't become what you hate (especially if you're going to spend as much time as you do calling people hypocrites).

User Info: GidoDaHitman

GidoDaHitman
1 week ago#66
Goty if all condensed I believe...

Just think about it. The OG gave you 9 characters, crazy amount of various sidequests. Bosses fought underwater, in the sky, and in the sand..

Now we have all our favorite parts scattered in different games. Seriously how was that so easily accepted?

Granted I enjoyed this game but can't deny the obvious padding of Midgar. Ever since they announced the game to be Midgar only, I cringed. I knew ever since that it wouldnt really work out..especially how they did the ending.

On the contrary, the game would've came out alot further than we got it If completely full and also they would have had to cut things out (which is never good).

Even in todays times, they just can't make games great like how the OG FF7 was.

User Info: Mikexl

Mikexl
1 week ago#67
There is no way they could have told the story they want in just one game.

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
1 week ago#68
All we have is what we have, no use arguing of what would have been unless you have a choice travel machine.
I have no control of the events of the universe. I only control which timeline I see.
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
I know you think that, which is why I know you agree that we shouldn't. Responding to others doing that by doing it yourself just keeps the cycle going, right? Don't become what you hate (especially if you're going to spend as much time as you do calling people hypocrites).

And if one side stops the cycle doesn't end either. One group just intensifies with no opposition.
Daily reminder that the whole game would've been financially unfeasible to remake with current AAA tech standards and had to be split up as a result
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is the Final Fantasy VII Remake objectively better being split into many parts?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A