• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is the Final Fantasy VII Remake objectively better being split into many parts?

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
1 week ago#41
Neofabito posted...
Yes, condensing a game and releasing in one part worked very well for Final Fantasy XV.
Well the game got about similar levels of praise as this one and sold better, so arguably it did work well.

And anyway that game’s development had a whole host of issues this one didn’t have to contend with. Here SE caught Nomura floundering early on and had the FF XIII team take over within 2 years as they have a proven track record shipping games.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
No, but I’m digging the slow burn that fills in a bunch of in-between moments and expands concepts like Avalanche, Wutai, and SOILDER. Also the beefed up boss fights.

I do wonder if they could have done the entire game at this pace in one go though.

Like cut the fluff out of Midgar and have it be 20 hours, then the rest of disk 1 is an additional 60, and then disk 2 and 3 is another 50-60. All with a fully explorable world map, and consistent quality throughout in terms of graphics, cutscenes, banter, mini-games, dungeons, side quests, character progression, etc.

Idk if SE (or anyone really) is capable of delivering that.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Rex915

Rex915
1 week ago#43
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Never said it was. But you're of course ignoring the context and strawmanning to pretend like you have a point... like fanboys do. I don't get why it's so hard to just admit it.

Lmao, I gave you the most objective and fair statement and somehow you still have a problem with it. It's clear that you just want everyone to s*** on Remake 24/7 and anything less is being a fanboy.

C'mon, prove me wrong. Say something good about Remake and something bad about DQXI.

Rex915
1 week ago#44
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
No, but I’m digging the slow burn that fills in a bunch of in-between moments and expands concepts like Avalanche, Wutai, and SOILDER. Also the beefed up boss fights.

I do wonder if they could have done the entire game at this pace in one go though.

Like cut the fluff out of Midgar and have it be 20 hours, then the rest of disk 1 is an additional 60, and then disk 2 and 3 is another 50-60. All with a fully explorable world map, and consistent quality throughout in terms of graphics, cutscenes, banter, mini-games, dungeons, side quests, character progression, etc.

Idk if SE (or anyone really) is capable of delivering that.

Yeah, on topic, this is a good waya of summing up my thoughts. Like, if they just did the 40hr journey with better graphics, it'd feel a bit hollow after seeing the level of detail they can deliver. If they gave us 120hrs of story and gameplay in 1 package though (my guesstimate as to the length of 3 Remake installments), that'd be great, but really not sure if its feasible.
Rex915 posted...
Lmao, I gave you the most objective and fair statement and somehow you still have a problem with it. It's clear that you just want everyone to s*** on Remake 24/7 and anything less is being a fanboy.

C'mon, prove me wrong. Say something good about Remake and something bad about DQXI.

It's clear you don't actually read anything I write so no thanks. Once again. A true thank you to helping get yourself tagged for the future :)
Currently playing: Kiseki series

Rex915
1 week ago#46
Gandalf the Istari posted...
so no thanks.

Lmao, that's what I thought.

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
1 week ago#47
Rex915 posted...
If they gave us 120hrs of story and gameplay in 1 package though (my guesstimate as to the length of 3 Remake installments)
Play DQ XI if you haven’t already.

Full story is 100+ hours with about the same unique content (locations, characters, etc) as the original FF VII. Story is much better than VIIR’s, everything else is at least even.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah

Rex915
1 week ago#48
BlazingRain posted...
Play DQ XI if you haven’t already.

Full story is 100+ hours with about the same unique content (locations, characters, etc) as the original FF VII. Story is much better than VIIR’s, everything else is at least even.

I've never actually played any Dragon Quest game, but I definitely should give them a shot sometime. I'm slightly apprehensive just because the last time I tried a famous JRPG series for the first time, it was Tales of the Abyss, which I found kind of meh. But I hear a lot of great things about DQ, so I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.
Rex915 posted...
Lmao, that's what I thought.

I mean you're not going to read it anyway so why would I waste my time.
Currently playing: Kiseki series

User Info: DigitalMorph

DigitalMorph
1 week ago#50
All issues with the story aside, my main issue with this multiple parts thing is that SE doesn’t even know how many parts it will be. Let’s say it’s 4 parts (not unreasonable considering part one only covers Midgar) with 2.5 years in between each release. That’s 7.5 of years to be able to experience the full story. Kind of absurd if you ask me
The Disco Biscuits are the best band ever
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is the Final Fantasy VII Remake objectively better being split into many parts?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A