• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is the Final Fantasy VII Remake objectively better being split into many parts?

User Info: NashLatkje1

NashLatkje1
1 week ago#31
Atzenkiller posted...
they've taken a small portion of the original game and added so much pointless filler stuff that I can'g even get myself to go back to playing it. It just wastes so much time with nothing really happening. How is that a good thing?

Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
I mean, I rate every game I play here on GFAQs. Gave DQXI a 9/10.

I understand that you want to discredit me because my opinions conflict with yours and, for whatever reason, that makes you uncomfortable, but DQXI is a long 3-act game with tons of backtracking, period. That doesn't make it a bad game, just an efficiently-designed one that walks a good balance between making its world expansive and its visuals both high-quality and varied.

I don't want to discredit you at all. I think you're a hyperbolic hypocrite who pretends like everyone else is one.

Currently playing: Kiseki series
Gandalf the Istari posted...
I don't want to discredit you at all. I think you're a hyperbolic hypocrite who pretends like everyone else is one.
Cool. Not sure what you're basing that on, but you need not pay me or my posts any mind. Your opinions are valid no matter what I say or think.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
Cool. Not sure what you're basing that on, but you need not pay me or my posts any mind. Your opinions are valid no matter what I say or think.

Your history of posting. Which is sad. Because it seems like in any other context we would get along. But since I don't believe Final Fantasy has been achieving what it should for recent history it seems like we have to hate each other instead :)
(edited 1 week ago)
Ok, well I don't hate you and don't plan on doing so, so just chalk that up as another one of my personal failures, lol. :P
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH

User Info: Rex915

Rex915
1 week ago#36
I think calling DQ 3 acts and acting like they're all repeated areas is obviously a lie. It's a 2 act game with a postgame and the 2nd act has quite a few new areas and changed areas.

But you've made it clear this "2018 goty" is just posturing so people who don't pay attention will take your subtle fanboying VII:R seriously.

So can I get something clear? When other people criticize VII:R, we're not allowed to respond or share our own perspectives or opinions, right? Because if we do, that makes us fanboys?

But the moment we criticize another game (and Arvis called it his GOTY for chrissakes), we're also fanboys?

You have got to be doing this intentionally. There's no way you're doing this unironically. There's just no way.
Rex915 posted...
So can I get something clear? When other people criticize VII:R, we're not allowed to respond or share our own perspectives or opinions, right? Because if we do, that makes us fanboys?

But the moment we criticize another game (and Arvis called it his GOTY for chrissakes), we're also fanboys?

You have got to be doing this intentionally. There's no way you're doing this unironically. There's just no way.

Is your opinion that it's perfection and does everything 100% right? Then yeah probably you are fanboys.

User Info: Rex915

Rex915
1 week ago#38
Is your opinion that it's perfection and does everything 100% right? Then yeah probably you are fanboys.

Is DQXI perfection? Does it do everything 100% right?

The answer is no, right? Hence, it has flaws that people can talk about. So both VII:R and DQXI can be criticized; at the same time, if the criticisms people leverage are poorly explained, minor, defensible, or just flat out a difference in opinion, then other people are free to discuss and counter these. And, here's the part that'll really surprise you, noone has to be called a fanboy!

Cool, huh?
Rex915 posted...
Is DQXI perfection? Does it do everything 100% right?

The answer is no, right? Hence, it has flaws that people can talk about. So both VII:R and DQXI can be criticized; at the same time, if the criticisms people leverage are poorly explained, minor, defensible, or just flat out a difference in opinion, then other people are free to discuss and counter these. And, here's the part that'll really surprise you, noone has to be called a fanboy!

Cool, huh?

Never said it was. But you're of course ignoring the context and strawmanning to pretend like you have a point... like fanboys do. I don't get why it's so hard to just admit it.

User Info: Neofabito

Neofabito
1 week ago#40
Yes, condensing a game and releasing in one part worked very well for Final Fantasy XV.
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is the Final Fantasy VII Remake objectively better being split into many parts?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A