• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is the Final Fantasy VII Remake objectively better being split into many parts?

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
1 week ago#21
Dragon Quest XI is bigger than the original FF VII and was released in one whole. The same could’ve been done for a FF VII remake.

Don’t believe Nomura’s lies.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
BlazingRain posted...
Dragon Quest XI is bigger than the original FF VII
No it isn't. Why do you think it features 3 long Acts of visiting the same handful of locations? And it still took them 5+ years to make it.

And while DQXI was gorgeous, it wasn't exactly pushing graphical limits. Not many fans were holding out hope for a VII Remake that looks like DQXI, let's be honest.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Rex915

Rex915
1 week ago#23
Admittedly wasn't a huge fan when I heard about it, but after playing the game I'm really happy with what we got.

Like looking back, the scene with the plate falling was done really well and with such gravitas, I can't imagine how it would've played out if it occurred in the first 4 hours of gameplay. So I'm kinda torn.

I will say, if this stretches out more than 3 installments, it'll be a tough sell for me.

User Info: trimmzy

trimmzy
1 week ago#24
It depends solely on how good each subsequent part is. If they’re all this good, I don’t mind. But one bad part and we could be getting into trouble.
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
No it isn't. Why do you think it features 3 long Acts of visiting the same handful of locations? And it still took them 5+ years to make it.

And while DQXI was gorgeous, it wasn't exactly pushing graphical limits. Not many fans were holding out hope for a VII Remake that looks like DQXI, let's be honest.

Disparaging DQ again while you prop up FF... hmm harder and harder to believe you're not just being a FF fanboy like I originally suspected.

Weren't you just b****ing about reductive falsehoods... hmmm...
Currently playing: Kiseki series
(edited 1 week ago)
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Disparaging DQ again while you prop up FF... hmm harder and harder to believe you're not just being a FF fanboy like I originally suspected.

Weren't you just b****ing about reductive falsehoods... hmmm...
Do you have anything to say about the content of my critique? I didn't intend to disparage the game at all, as it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played and my personal 2018 GOTY.
(edited 1 week ago)
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
Do you have anything to say about the content of my critique? I didn't intend to disparage the game at all, as it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played and my personal 2018 GOTY.

I think calling DQ 3 acts and acting like they're all repeated areas is obviously a lie. It's a 2 act game with a postgame and the 2nd act has quite a few new areas and changed areas.

But you've made it clear this "2018 goty" is just posturing so people who don't pay attention will take your subtle fanboying VII:R seriously.
Currently playing: Kiseki series
Gandalf the Istari posted...
I think calling DQ 3 acts and acting like they're all repeated areas is obviously a lie. It's a 2 act game with a postgame and the 2nd act has quite a few new areas and changed areas.

But you've made it clear this "2018 goty" is just posturing so people who don't pay attention will take your subtle fanboying VII:R seriously.
I mean, I rate every game I play here on GFAQs. Gave DQXI a 9/10.

I understand that you want to discredit me because my opinions conflict with yours and, for whatever reason, that makes you uncomfortable, but DQXI is a long 3-act game with tons of backtracking, period. That doesn't make it a bad game, just an efficiently-designed one that walks a good balance between making its world expansive and its visuals both high-quality and varied.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: BlazingRain

BlazingRain
1 week ago#29
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
No it isn't. Why do you think it features 3 long Acts of visiting the same handful of locations?
Go compare the number of areas in DQ XI vs FF VII. There’s not much difference.

Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
And it still took them 5+ years to make it.
Development started in 2013 and the game was released mid-2017.

Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
And while DQXI was gorgeous, it wasn't exactly pushing graphical limits.
Neither is FF VIIR. And while the style of graphics that FF VIIR has takes more time to create than the more cartoony style of DQ XI, it’s not enough to make a single release remake economically impossible.

Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
Not many fans were holding out hope for a VII Remake that looks like DQXI, let's be honest.
Even if we were to assume that FF VIIR had to look worse to release as a single game, I’m pretty sure most people would’ve made that sacrifice.
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
BlazingRain posted...
Even if we were to assume that FF VIIR had to look worse to release as a single game, I’m pretty sure most people would’ve made that sacrifice
Unlikely, and I don't know if it would have had the wow factor in that scenario to be the sales phenomenon it currently is. And that's not even taking into account the complications of taking a game with as many unique pre-rendered backgrounds as VII and remaking every single one of them in full AAA HD 3D.

Anyway, you make good points though.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is the Final Fantasy VII Remake objectively better being split into many parts?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A