• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What's more important in an RPG? Story or Battle System?

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
1 week ago#351
lightningxiii-2 posted...
Why is everyone talking about this game everywhere? Should I try it?

Yes
I think you'd like the gameplay but I have a feeling you wouldn't like the story. But ultimately it's up to you.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
I have a feeling you wouldn't like the story.

How so? I wouldn't mind spoilers.
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: Gwyns_Beard

Gwyns_Beard
1 week ago#354
TLoU1:
10/10 story with 4/10 gameplay

TLoU2:
9/10 story with 7/10 gameplay

The second is much, much better than the legions of people who haven't played and it parrot YouTubers would have you believe. It definitely has issues, though.
#thinkforyourself

Right hand up, left hand down. Flame on the top and a moon around.
How so? I wouldn't mind spoilers.
It's really heavy on the nihilism and leans a little too close to "edgelord" status. But that's just a guess at what you might think of it based on what I perceive your taste to be. I hate edgy stuff but still loved Automata, so YMMV.
Currently Playing: Xenoblade DE, Animal Crossing: NH
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
It's really heavy on the nihilism and leans a little too close to "edgelord" status. But that's just a guess at what you might think of it based on what I perceive your taste to be. I hate edgy stuff but still loved Automata, so YMMV.

It seems I need to search more about that game first. Thanks for the info, though.

User Info: G-O-F

G-O-F
1 week ago#357
@lightningxiii-2 play it and cry at just nearly everything after a certain point... its a rather emotional game.
Best Games of 2019 list: DMC V,Sekiro,REmake 2,Control,FE:TH,Code Vein. Playing 2020: Yakuza 7, P5Royal, DOOM, FFVIIR, NMH III, RE3, Cyberpunk.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 week ago#358
...but if you haven't played Automata till now, it may be best to just wait Nier Replicant for ps4 and play that before Automata (since Automata would spoil A LOT about Replicant' story)
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
G-O-F posted...
@lightningxiii-2 play it and cry at just nearly everything after a certain point... its a rather emotional game.

I'd better avoid it, then!

User Info: GidoDaHitman

GidoDaHitman
1 week ago#360
Story but nowadays its not even about Story or Gameplay..

Its all about the graphics, how pretty the atmosphere looks..
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. What's more important in an RPG? Story or Battle System?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A