• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So what was the better game? FFVII or FFVIIR?
XxPro_gamerxX posted...
Hey kid, you don't have a clue on what you're saying. 15 has the gameplay the graphics the characters the story everything. You need professional therapy.

How the f*** is a game that looks like it was made from the stone age better than a perfect masterpiece like 15??

What?
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 weeks ago#32
XxPro_gamerxX posted...
Hey kid, you don't have a clue on what you're saying. 15 has the gameplay the graphics the characters the story everything. You need professional therapy.

How the f*** is a game that looks like it was made from the stone age better than a perfect masterpiece like 15??
Point one, the graphics need only do the job, and they do in OG VII. (Your "stone age" crack is a breathtaking exaggeration.) Point two, VII has a complete, well-told story, something XV demonstrably lacks. Point three, it has a diverse, well-rounded cast, something also lacking in FFXV. Point four, it has a well-developed, vibrant world . . . you see where I'm going with this.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Major_Zato

Major_Zato
2 weeks ago#33
XxPro_gamerxX posted...
Uh-huh. Thanks, but no. Anyone trying to give me therapy would probably need it themselves by the end of the first session anyway.

VII is a complete game. XV definitely was not at launch, and arguably isn't even now. I could cite quite a few other aspects, but that one is inarguable truth.
And this above all: To thine own self be true...
Old genres never die, they just grow more refined with age.

User Info: Ravus

Ravus
2 weeks ago#34
Guns_of_Verdun posted...
FF7R has it beat on graphics and possibly music but in terms of story, gameplay, atmosphere, pacing, tone, immersion. FF7 smashes it
FF7R trashes the original in terms of gameplay, atmosphere, immersion, character development and yes even pacing because the original part of Midgar is rushed as f*** and gives you zero reason to feel any attachment to literally anyone.

"Being overconfident and being stupid are two sides of the same coin. I wonder which side you're on?"

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 weeks ago#35
Ravus posted...
FF7R trashes the original in terms of gameplay, atmosphere, immersion, character development and yes even pacing because the original part of Midgar is rushed as f*** and gives you zero reason to feel any attachment to literally anyone.
That is . . . less than accurate.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Rex915

Rex915
2 weeks ago#36
Major_Zato posted...
Truthfully, much as I love the original, my objections largely stem from a couple of specific storyline changes--which I'd actually kinda like on their own, but put the lie to calling the game a "remake"--and the fact that it's very clearly padded. There just isn't enough story there to legit turn Midgar into a full game. Take out the generic sidequests and weird diversions from the main plot--and the blasted lengthening of the Don Corneo plot, which I didn't even like in the original--and there's not exactly a full game's worth of content here.

Here's the thing, I agree that the Remake has pacing problems, but I don't agree that the expanded portions are padding because they contribute to either character development, world building, or gameplay.

For example, the train graveyard admittedly can take away from the impending danger of the plate falling, but it adds backstory to Aerith, gives us 2 cool bosses, and provides a really unique atmosphere for a dungeon.

Another example is the Drum, which a lot of people don't like cuz they're eager to get to the climax at the top of Shinra tower, but it gives you more time to see Hojo as a bad guy, bond with Red XIII, and a cool gameplay mechanic wherein you get to utilize your whole party (even for the same boss fight!).

So I'll agree that VIIR has issues with its pacing but not that its filled with "padding", in the same way that regular dungeons in every JRPG aren't considered padding, and that the extra moments and dungeons I felt added to the overall experience whether through deeper characters or more interesting gameplay. Just my two cents.
XxPro_gamerxX posted...
at least 7 remake doesn't look like that old ps1 game with pasta graphic
Haha so true

User Info: CarsonWells

CarsonWells
2 weeks ago#38
Original by far.

User Info: Guns_of_Verdun

Guns_of_Verdun
2 weeks ago#39
ShadowFight2 posted...
It's hard to compare a full game to 1/10 of a game....
They released it as a full price release and stand alone complete game

that excuse doesn't fly
http://i.imgur.com/VwJsmAR.gifv

User Info: Itazura13

Itazura13
2 weeks ago#40
Interesting how so many people think OG is superior....
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So what was the better game? FFVII or FFVIIR?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A