• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So what was the better game? FFVII or FFVIIR?

User Info: Major_Zato

Major_Zato
2 weeks ago#21
XxPro_gamerxX posted...
Neither are as good as 15 but at least 7 remake doesn't look like that old ps1 game with pasta graphic
There may exist RPGs worse than FFXV. I can't think of a single one I've actually played. Graphics don't make a game, kid.
And this above all: To thine own self be true...
Old genres never die, they just grow more refined with age.

User Info: slaterastle

slaterastle
2 weeks ago#22
A completed legendary game, or a remake that pads the first 5 hours into 30 and doesn't give the rest?

With how much work went into it, we could have 16 by now.
I have no control of the events of the universe. I only control which timeline I see.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 weeks ago#23
XxPro_gamerxX posted...
Neither are as good as 15 but at least 7 remake doesn't look like that old ps1 game with pasta graphic
Even with its dated graphics OG VII is orders of magnitude better than XV in every way that matters.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

slaterastle
2 weeks ago#24
Lol FF15 trolling, never thought of that.
I have no control of the events of the universe. I only control which timeline I see.

Major_Zato
2 weeks ago#25
slaterastle posted...
A completed legendary game, or a remake that pads the first 5 hours into 30 and doesn't give the rest?

Wuth how much work went into it, we could have 16 by now.
'Bout sums it up. Reminds me of when XV was still the big new thing: after all the DLC, even if I'd liked the game, I would've wanted them to move on to the next bloody game. Between the insistence on milking every new game 'til the cow is mummified and the graphics-heavy nature of "AAA games"--and thus increased development time--we're lucky to get a couple of games a decade now from most franchises. Getting a bit old.

User Info: Rex915

Rex915
2 weeks ago#26
Voted VIIR because I vastly prefer the combat and expanded world building and characterization (my favorite example is I never thought Cloud and Aerith made a cute couple in the OG, whereas this has moments like the high 5 or the fireworks that I thought was legitimately sweet), and of course the graphics and music help. I also understand that the narrative isn't finished yet, so it's not a huge issue for me when comparing the games because I know more is still coming.

It's cool of people don't agree, though.

User Info: ShadowFight2

ShadowFight2
2 weeks ago#27
It's hard to compare a full game to 1/10 of a game....
Standing in solidarity against racism

slaterastle
2 weeks ago#28
Major_Zato posted...
'Bout sums it up. Reminds me of when XV was still the big new thing: after all the DLC, even if I'd liked the game, I would've wanted them to move on to the next bloody game. Between the insistence on milking every new game 'til the cow is mummified and the graphics-heavy nature of "AAA games"--and thus increased development time--we're lucky to get a couple of games a decade now from most franchises. Getting a bit old.
Agreed. Just have games finsihed on release smh.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

Major_Zato
2 weeks ago#29
Rex915 posted...
Voted VIIR because I vastly prefer the combat and expanded world building and characterization (my favorite example is I never thought Cloud and Aerith made a cute couple in the OG, whereas this has moments like the high 5 or the fireworks that I thought was legitimately sweet), and of course the graphics and music help. I also understand that the narrative isn't finished yet, so it's not a huge issue for me when comparing the games because I know more is still coming.

It's cool of people don't agree, though.
Truthfully, much as I love the original, my objections largely stem from a couple of specific storyline changes--which I'd actually kinda like on their own, but put the lie to calling the game a "remake"--and the fact that it's very clearly padded. There just isn't enough story there to legit turn Midgar into a full game. Take out the generic sidequests and weird diversions from the main plot--and the blasted lengthening of the Don Corneo plot, which I didn't even like in the original--and there's not exactly a full game's worth of content here.

User Info: XxPro_gamerxX

XxPro_gamerxX
2 weeks ago#30
Major_Zato posted...
There may exist RPGs worse than FFXV. I can't think of a single one I've actually played. Graphics don't make a game, kid.
Hey kid, you don't have a clue on what you're saying. 15 has the gameplay the graphics the characters the story everything. You need professional therapy.

1Tekkaman posted...
Even with its dated graphics OG VII is orders of magnitude better than XV in every way that matters.
How the f*** is a game that looks like it was made from the stone age better than a perfect masterpiece like 15??
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So what was the better game? FFVII or FFVIIR?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A